Steam Heating And Steam For Tsw2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gabe_1.0, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

Hi,

I know another engine upgrade will be required for Steam Engines to be possible but I thought the next best thing is Steam Heating simulation. We have the old style MK1s, MK2s and the locomotives featured in Tees Valley line and Pennies all feature steam heating technology for the carriages and the unit itself. I told myself I won't bother with TSW2 because no steamers yet this would actually satisfy me. Please consider this. There won't be any moving parts to worry about as such just steam.

In reality steam also leaks through the pipe hoses but most importantly is seen escaping at the other end of the pipes which are mounted at the rear of the carriages as well as the diesel locomotive. Getting this right would also prepare the developers for the Steamers which could come in 2 years from now.

2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

Good idea. Steam heating was used in the US as well. I'd love to see some famous US 1940s-50s passenger trains with F-units, E-units, FM and Alco passenger diesels, and some electric locos (GG1, EP5, Bi-Polar, etc.)