Steam Sounds Supreme - A Few Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Måns Johannesson, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Måns Johannesson

Måns Johannesson Member

I've recently discovered SSS and have a few questions. As SSS doesn't have a forum I'll try here.
    1. Does the sound and enhancement packs also update the base model or does they only create new locos (like the AP enhancement packs)? Yes, I know I can switch out the locos but it will still be nice to know if I have to.
    2. Does anybody know what routes the 4200/5205 and 7200 packs has scenarios for? It only states "6 scenarios for 3 routes" for the 4200/5205 pack and "Immersive Scenarios" for the 7200 pack. The combined pack at steam has 6 scenarios for 2 routes.
    3. Both the small and large Prairies sounds pack includes new scenarios (8 and 4) but doesn't state for what route. Anybody know?

/Måns

2. PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā

PhÜnKî_Rø0sTā Well-Known Member

I believe they will update the base model with new sounds, physics and particle effects. Also it depends on which loco. I think some packs just update the sounds - similar to the AP packs.

I know with the black 5, pannier, 8F and some others you can switch between legacy (default) and realistic (advanced) driving modes by usually pressing the enter key. Consult each packs manual for variants.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2021