Stops In Sidings-clinchfield

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by appledates#4945, Apr 14, 2021.

1. appledates#4945

appledates#4945 Well-Known Member

Hello,
    I have been enjoying the Clinchfield route, and one of the main things I have found myself enjoying a lot is having to pull into a siding to let another train pass! Having to bring your 50 car freight train to a stop to let another freight through has been a really fun experience that this route makes possible. Have you been enjoying stopping your train at the red signals?

• Like Like x 3
  2. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It hasn't happened to me yet, I was starting to worry, but you are another person who has had to stop. Relief.
    I love it!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I have been really happy with this route as well, did my first run downhill with near flawless perfection until I got to the final stop point.
    And that is where a almost perfect run got ruined by failing to properly stop. But still overall happy with the route, will give that downhill run another try later this week.

• Like Like x 4
  4. Blacknred81

Blacknred81 Well-Known Member

The only real gripe is the player is assigned to go into sidings even if there is no other train waiting or oncoming, obviously this doesn't happen IRL, but I assume this was done so the in game dispatcher could handle multiple trains going opposite directions on a single track line

But it is nice to take a quick break when you do have to wait for an oncoming train.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 4
  5. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that this doesn't reflect RL operation- that on the CRR trains were simply routed to the right-hand track regardless of whether it technically was "main" or "siding."

6. breblimator

breblimator Guest

It looks like it depends on southbound / northbound to me

7. solicitr

solicitr Well-Known Member

Yes. NB trains are routed to the eastern track and SB trains to the western- at least in game this seems always to be the case. It is possible that this reflects standard CRR practice, although so far we apparently can't know that.

• Like Like x 1
  8. breblimator

breblimator Guest

if this was not the case, I will uninstall TSW, I swear... :D

9. Disintegration7

Disintegration7 Well-Known Member

This happened to me on my first run as well. Lesson learned lol.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

Took a second run at it thought all was well just not soon enough on the brakes at the end. Will give a third try hopefully I have it figured out.

• Like Like x 1