Xbox Strange Hud Readout On Gradients.

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Ensor42, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Ensor42

Ensor42 Well-Known Member

I have noticed, that when travelling along a section of track that shows, for example, a 0.2% downward gradient, stopping the loco and then reversing back along the same section, also shows as a downward gradient.

Shouldn't it be upward the other way? With gradient units displayed in ratio format, at least it puts a "-" sign before the number on down grades, even if it still shows the wrong graphic of the slope.

I've seen this so far both on Sand Patch, and on the Koln route.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Rush

Rush Member

yeah this is quite annoying. In TSW2020 the graphic would change based on the direction you were moving, but in TSW2 it’s based on which direction the loco is facing regardless of direction of travel.

Needs to go back to being based on direction of travel, otherwise it can be pretty confusing. Going in reverse and it’s showing a graphic as if I’m going uphill yet I’m picking up speed lol

• Like Like x 2
  3. Bryer

Bryer Well-Known Member

If you're travelling on a particular line that may not be reversible! If you're travelling on the Up Bakerloo line, that line isn't signalled to go in the Down direction. Track maps and gradient indicators will always be for the intended direction of travel, if the line is reversible it should give it correctly from what I understand they've done.

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. Rush

Rush Member

Thanks for the info, good to know!

• Like Like x 1
  5. met_cui98

met_cui98 Member

I wish they hadn't changed it from TSW 2020. When switching in Cumberland, there is no 'direction of travel', but it still displays the grade based on the original direction of the original lead locomotive. It kills the immersion when you have to remember which locomotive was in the lead when you started the service and then translate to whatever the current situation is, which changes frequently when switching.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Mikadog1

Mikadog1 New Member

It's the same on the PC version of Sand Patch. I haven't tried the other routes yet.

7. LucasLCC

LucasLCC Well-Known Member

If it's based on direction of loco, I wonder what bugs the class 20 will cause, given they run backwards...