Stuck At End Of Sand Patch Fully Fueled. Need A Backdoor Fix To Change A Rogue Signal.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by smoothchat, Mar 12, 2021.

1. smoothchat

smoothchat New Member

I'm one step away from completion and a red light is preventing me from entering the siding. Looking at the map, I can see no reason for this. I know it normally works because I have seen videos of this scenario.

The signaler just denies me.

Even deliberately failing and choosing "Last checkpoint" sees the same situation repeated.

Is there any backdoor method to switch the signal. I wish I was able to edit a save file or edit the scenario somehow.

Some sort of emergency override of the logic (at my own risk) seems like a good idea for an addition to the sim.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2021
  2. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

This got fixed a while ago. I used to have the problem, then a fix came out and I was able to complete it. Sounds like it might have regressed smoothchat

Paul

3. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Do not save and load game while doing scenarios or services on Sand Patch. This is the only way to avoid messing up with signals there. You have to do the scenario in one go without save/load. Yeah, the runs are long (2-2.5 hours) but that way you wont have those issues at least.

I had that same issue on Fully Fuelled too (saved the game and loaded to continue on the next day) - got this bugged red signal. Had to replay scenario from the start in one go that day and it was smooth and easy the second time.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. smoothchat

smoothchat New Member

Hi there. Thanks for the advice.

It seems to me that a dependable save / resume method should be a high priority to fix. Users cannot always devote 2.5hrs to a session just to overcome a bug. I suppose this has been said many times before.

Seeing as the sim only has one save file, it seems evident to me that a fairly straight forward memory dump of the whole variable chunk would overcome any problems. It would be like a hibernation file or "brain dump". A load of the save would restore the sim to "exactly" the state it was at save time. If DTG are already doing this, then there is a rogue pointer in the code somewhere which is harder to find.

If it were me, I would also have the save filename increment with each save so the user can elect to restore alternative save points.

I hope "Don't use save" is not used too often as an excuse for problems that should be addressed.

Cheers and thanks again.

• Like Like x 2