PlayStation Stuck At Red Light West Somerset Railway

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by ben.haigh97, Oct 31, 2020.

1. ben.haigh97

ben.haigh97 New Member

I can't get past a red signal on the scenario finishing up. I happens when I need to move to last 4 coaches. the red signal at the end of the platform will not change. If I contact the signaller it says my train has gone off path.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

Have just encountered the same issue on PC...

3. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

This scenario is supercool and works without issues. :cool:

The dwarf signal is your friend, every time you leave the station it turns red.
    And every time you want to get back into the station, you have to make a request for it to turn white again.
    You should ask for request even if there is no message, otherwise you are off path.
    12.jpg 13.jpg

Also for this signal I had to request.
    Finally you grab the loco, shunt around and bring it 9.7 miles to Williton North Yard Shunt.
    This time the dwarf signal automatically turns white as soon as you set the switch.
    7.jpg 14.jpg

You have to set many switches, make sure you don't forget any of them. ;)
    8.jpg

Last edited: Nov 6, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Coppo

Coppo Well-Known Member

I restarted and manually changed the points each time (instead of using the map). It worked fine after that.

• Like Like x 2
  5. detjohno

detjohno Member

This is the solution.....Well done.

6. Rudolf

Rudolf Well-Known Member

Finishing up bug.png I experienced the same issue. I think this is a general issue. The error message is not correct. At the 2D map it shows I have set the path properly, but it still says you seem to be off path.

Above that, before coupling to the last batch of vans, I did not ask permission explicitly, but this had no consequences.

So I still think this is a bug in the scenario. I definitely will try again, but I would appreciate if the devs have a look at the logic that determines the cause of a tab request. (I would like to add here a compliment, the explanation if a permission is denied is much better now, usually you need if there is a specific reason or there is a game bug causing the issue).

I recommend to implement a function that just re-evaluates signal states, whatever the game state is, a kind of a signalling reset.

20201128111955_1.jpg

EDIT: also the instruction is not correct. If you head to pick up the second batch of vans, there is no instruction to contact the signaller. Probably there should be such an instruction. During my second run I asked for permission, and that is helpful.

The you couple to the train, and you get the instruction: contact the signaller to get access to couple to the train. The problem is this instruction comes in the wrong order. It is shown after coupling, not before. Immediately after this instruction appears, there is an instruction to contact the signaller again.

If you play as you should, you ask permission before coupling, which is granted. The you couple. Then you see the erroneous instruction, but you ask permission. The the second instruction to ask permission is not shown, but it appears in the log, because you already got permission.

So two bugs:
    • The instruction order is not correct. This is an issue for the scenario and can easily be solved.
    • The issue that you get incorrect off path messages. Which probably is much harder to solve.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
  7. david-bright184169

david-bright184169 Active Member

If this is the same scenario I had a problem with my solution was when dropping the first carriages at the platform
    don't stop where the marker is, stop as far down the platform as you can that will leave room to get the shunter out
    from behind them
    Then when I came back with the last 2 carriages all the signals allowed it to complete

• Like Like x 1
  8. Reventloff

Reventloff Well-Known Member

Glad I found this thread! Stuck at the same red signal here.... Thank you!!!

Thats why new players do not stick with TSW. You find interesting scenario, have proper fun playing it and then... something goes terribly wrong. And you just don`t know wether you caused that or is it just a bug again!!! And you have to replay the same scenario, trying to figure it out. Then it turns out that the instructions are not full or they are wrong or just not showing on time... its so ridiculous! Its nice scenario but I just got fed up with it restarting it several times now )))

9. imstylinonyabro

imstylinonyabro Active Member

still broken.... WHYYYY? wasted an hour of my life. why is this not fixed? you guys are a pathetic developer. i'm so sick of bugs every time i turn aroun d on this game.

10. vitas

vitas Member

Unfortunately, this problem still hasn't been solved (I'm standing at Blue Anchor Station on the West Somerset route right now trying to leave towards Minehead). I've noticed that this happens more often when using the save function, exiting the game, and then re-launching a saved scenario. upload_2022-11-16_22-22-6.png

11. sequencer2k16

sequencer2k16 Well-Known Member

Where is the issue in your picture? The signal is red because the block in front of you is occupied by the 101. Departure is 11:39:00,
    means still 3 minutes to wait. At some stations, longer stops are quite normal on WSR.

12. vitas

vitas Member

The problem is that the semaphore has no intention of changing now or ten minutes later.