Stupid Noob Question........................

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Chris.P.Bacon, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Chris.P.Bacon

Chris.P.Bacon New Member

As I have just purchased TS2018 I'm not too familiar with the way things work right now, please excuse if this is a stupid question but.............
    If a route comes with a train....for example say class 158......Do I actually have that train in my collection or would I still need to purchase a Class 158?

I'm asking as some DLC have requirements as your all aware and I'm just wondering if the train that came with a route is counted towards that DLC or if a seperate purchase of the required train is needed.

Thanks for your help

2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

When you purchase a route it will come with all the equipment needed to be run on that route. The only thing you need to watch is when you are only purchasing locos, read the description carefully for any routes it may require.

Any other questions we are here to help.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

We were all noobs at one time - so feel free to ask any questions. Welcome to the world of Train Simulation.....

• Like Like x 1
  4. Medellinexpat

Medellinexpat Well-Known Member

Purchased Routes include one or more locos and rolling stock that can be used on that or other routes. So if there’s class 158 in the route you have the DLC.

Normally this is simple, but the Class 158 story is a little more complicated as there are some variations. DTG sell a Class 158 and an Arriva Wales pack that includes a 158. Armstrong Powerhouse sell two Class 158 enhancement packs that turn the DTG Network Southeast 159 into Cummins and Perkins powered 158s. Why do you care? Well in the future you may buy or download a scenario that has a Class 158 as a requirement. At that point you’ll need to check you have the right one.

But for now your Class 158 should show in your library of trains and you are free to run it wherever you want.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

It's not as simple as "will this DLC come with this bit or not" and most often you will have to trawl through all of the requirements of a 3rd party addon route, scenario, train and so on to make sure you have everything you want.

As Medellinexpat said above there are also various versions of the same real life unit which may be required by different scenarios so that's something else you may "fall over"

And this isn't just limited to trains, scenery, bridges and other "assets" can come from different add on kits, so try to make sure you have as many requirements as possible

• Like Like x 1
  6. Chris.P.Bacon

Chris.P.Bacon New Member

I figured out how it all worked today after releasing the moths from my wallet and splashing out on a fair bit of content. Thanks for the help guys.

7. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

Having obtained your new items you have the advantage that they can be run on, virtually, any line you own.
    You can have problems running a european sized loco on a UK route as it might hit another train passing on the next line.
    Ok running UK trains on European lines

Peter Screenshot_Munich to Augsburg_48.14491-11.49970_14-03-16.jpg