Stuttering Issue After Recent Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ben#4046, Jun 28, 2022.

1. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

General enquiry is anybody else experience stuttering frame rate issues after recent update I've just tried running Boston Amtrak regional service and the frame rate stuttering at certain sections is really bad for me. It's been not tremendous in the past and I accept limitations in this respect as I'm on ps4 but it has definatly become worse at points. I'm just wondering if anybody else is experiencing similar issues after this latest update? Thanks

2. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

Yes, it does happen sometimes. I have the game plus 53 DLC's and I have to restart the console at least once a month. the updates accumulate and the new one doesn't always erase the old one, it reaches a point where the overload already interferes with everything, mainly with heating. That's why he has hiccups.

3. kekanha#4892

kekanha#4892 Active Member

how many DLC's do you have? I'm going to give you some advice, don't put the console directly on the table, furniture or wherever you have it. leave a small gap of 0.20 inch or 5mm, between the console and the table, that makes it much cooler than you can imagine. I did it with 4 corks, but 4 rubber bands or something else that doesn't slip is also good, it will improve the performance of your PS4, I assure you.

4. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Hi thanks for the helpful response. I'm not sure of the top of my head but at least 20 routes and a fair few trains so yes...Thinking logically your point about restarting database after update makes a lot of sense. I do do this but not as much as perhaps I should. Also another good point about ps4 positioning I do have mine raised at the back for airflow as well as keeping the back and both sides clear.

5. seymourgoals

seymourgoals Member

Same here, i played train sim world 2 for a couple of hours last night after the update.
    On PS5, i noticed more stuttering, usually when i play boston sprinter dont really have any issues, but last night it was noticeably stuttery.
    Annoying, i`ll try restarting and have another go tonight and see if its any different.

6. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Ok thanks for the response