Suggestion - Connecting Gameplay With Train Sim World Forums

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Gustavo - The RailWorker, Jan 7, 2022.

1. Gustavo - The RailWorker

Gustavo - The RailWorker Member

Greetings...

Train Sim World is a Game where the player always wants to achieve the best Results as Possible with good & Carefully made Train Driving - it's all about Dedication but the idea i have for Multiplayer is by connecting two subjects (gameplay & forums) a place on the forums to share how well and how good was your points or in other words how much enjoyment you are having through train driving.

Remember all Players drive differently and we are not all Perfectionists

Train Sim World
    Thanks for Reading my Suggestion
    Gustavo - The RailWorker

• Like Like x 1
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

I like the thought in this idea. A league table of quality driving. A bit of forum friendly competition. Easily (easier) to implement than other multiplayer ideas. Nice.

I wonder if it could be extended to selecting someone’s run in the list and calling up the speed graph for that run to compare with your own, help improve your own speed/brake curve.

only drawbacks I can see:
    -The quality of the scoring system (being discussed in another thread),
    - Different weather settings will make a result on any one drive quite different
    -assumes you call up results for that one specific service to compare with, and not others with the same stopping pattern.

3. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

It could be based on Journey mode where (presumably) the weather is the same for everybody.
    Would introduce a bit of multiplayer fun without having to go all out MMO. Surely Dovetail Live could be adapted to manage this?

4. paintbrushguy

paintbrushguy Well-Known Member

The scoring system is flawed, I can spend 3 hours getting a stop on the mark, and be 3 hours late and still get 500 points. Then I need to stay well under the speed limit and repeat at stations, max points. The game is about driving trains, not getting meaningless points and achievements.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

That’s why I wonder if comparing the driving charts as much as the scores could be good for this idea.
    the idea itself, regardless the current flaws in the scoring system is a good one I think.