Suggestion For Pc: Ui Tweaks,rout Filters And User-experience...

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by jgganeto, Dec 30, 2021.

1. jgganeto

jgganeto New Member

Hello, first of all, I'm new to the game (which is a good thing), new to the forums and, to top it off, it's my first train simulator game ever.

That being said, I'm 37 yo, I play games since I'm 6, I'm a User-Experience professional and I know a thing or two about trains...

Suggestion one (USER EXPERIENCE)
    I should be able to go into a new DLC without the "automatic entering of tutorial"...
    This one is very annoying, and I've already disable auto-load, but since it's a new dlc, it auto-loads the tutorial anyway.

Suggestion two (UI)

The whole UI in this game is confusing to me... There is lot's of options that are almost hidden... (e.g.: the avater we choose in the first time playing/creating account, where do I edit it? Where is the button? is hidden? I should be able to edit it if I wanted to... But where is this option? Maybe I want a girl avatar now... See? I still can't find it in the UI)
    there are more ui and user experience tweaks...

And that leads to the Rout/Locomotive Filters....

Suggestion three (Sorting/UI/game selection, basically information architecture)
    When you enter the game you can select each route... ok... but as a new player, and not being much experience with routs or trains yet.... what if I want to drive that locomotive that I bought with the DLC but I cannot find it?

We should be able (in the first menu) to choose [ROUTS] and [LOCOMOTIVES] and [TRACK BY TIME].
    This way, when you only know you want to drive a route, you can click on it, if you know what loco you wanna try next you click on locomotives.... and if you know you have 45 min to play, you click on track by time.... This way, in every instance of choice, you get a good way to present and sort all things that the game can give you...

I'm new, and took me three days to understand how to select weather conditions and setup a good rout/train/time for me...

Oh and we also need a better way to understand visually what type of track/mission is the one we want from the time table view... I got confusing selecting so much tracks... If you could classify them by "Long runs", "Duties" and "Training".... that would be good too...

Suggestions, because I love this game already, being only my forth day now... That all folks, happy holidays, and thank you all :D