Suggestion For Tsw2: Wcml Milton Keynes (bletchley) - Birmingham

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bunnyhopper#3165, Apr 25, 2021.

?
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    90.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    10.0%
  1. bunnyhopper#3165

bunnyhopper#3165 New Member

Today I'm suggesting the West Coast Mainline for TSW2.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Short Description:
    The route would go from Milton Keynes (Bletchley) - Birmingham New Street with the Northampton Loop.
    The total length of the route would be 66.6 miles (w/o Northampton Loop) or 88.2 miles (w/ Northampton Loop). It would be a modern route. wcml_suggestion_mapped.png
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The stations:
    Bletchley
    [​IMG]
    Milton Keynes
    [​IMG]
    Wolverton
    [​IMG]
    Northampton
    [​IMG]
    Long Buckby
    [​IMG]
    Rugby
    [​IMG]
    Coventry
    [​IMG]
    Canley
    [​IMG]
    Tile Hill
    [​IMG]
    Berkswell
    [​IMG]
    Hampton in Arden
    [​IMG]
    Birmingham International
    [​IMG]
    Marston Green
    [​IMG]
    Lea Hall
    [​IMG]
    Stechford
    [​IMG]
    Adderley Park
    [​IMG]
    Birmingham New Street.
    [​IMG]
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The locos:
    Class 390 Pendolino;
    [​IMG]
    Class 221 Super Voyager;
    [​IMG]
    Class 350 Desiro;
    [​IMG]
    Class 66 (Comes with the route or possibly layered in from other)
    class66.jpg
    Possible DLC:
    Class 319 / Class 730 (Class 730 will soon replace the Class 319 on the route, so both are possible)
    class319.jpg
    class730.jpg
    Possible specific time periods / Operating companies:
    1) Virgin Trains and London Midland (and DB Cargo or other);
    2) Avanti West Coast and London Northwestern Railway (and DB Cargo or other);
    Why did I choose specifically this part of the WCML:
    I chose this because I found that it has a lot of potential.
    1) It's a busy line, which means a busy timetable;
    2) It has a lot of variety imo, like High Speed, Commuter / Regional Services, Freight;
    3) If the class 221 would be included then we would have two types of traction - electric and diesel.
    4) Also I think that it's actually feasable, like if they aren't going to make 88.2 mile routes, then they could exclude the northampton loop and have a more managable 66.6 mile route. Or if they really have to, they can make it even shorter. (e.g. from Northampton or Rugby to Birmingham New Street)
    So, what do you all think? Feel free to write in the comments if you like it. And if you want, what would you change? This is my first suggestion, so it would be greatly appreciated! :)

Last edited: Apr 25, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

You are missing something here The class 92 Electric locomotive designed to run on West Coast Mainline and the channel tunnel. The Train Sim 21 version for this route has Class 92 350 & 325 as a dlc. Easy option for class 66 for the route is layered from GWML & ECW.

• Like Like x 1
  3. bunnyhopper#3165

bunnyhopper#3165 New Member

Yeah totaly, the class 92, could be added instead of the class 66 (just have it layered). It would be a new freight train, which is always welcomed.
    I also agree about the class 325 being added as dlc, new train, plus pretty interesting as a whole.
    But I didn't understand the 350 part. So do you mean, that the class 350 could also come as a dlc? If so, wouldn't that be limiting the possibilities of a route (commuter/ regional in this case) if you don't have the dlc then?
    Maybe if they really need to have less locos coming with the route maybe make the class 221 as a dlc and have the 350, 390 (and maybe also) 92 / 66 come with the route.

4. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

To Clarify this the train Sim 21 version has the following trains are standard & comes with the route Class 92,221 390 & 350. The Class 325 mail train doesn't come with the route so it has to be purchased as a downloadable content. Avanti West Coast is part of Italian State railways FS. Meaning that DTG might have asked the Italian Railways FS for licensing Avanti & FS logos. That could mean once the West Coast Mainline this means the next step is an Italian route like Milan to Chiasso railway since it links the Rivet Games TS21 Gotthard Bahn with an Italian Domestic route Milan Turin Railway also found in the suggestions.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1