Suggestion: Please Add Train Guard/csa Roles To Tsw 2

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ShazadTech, Nov 22, 2021.

1. ShazadTech

ShazadTech New Member

I currently have a janky setup that I use with my RailDriver for many DLCs where I am both the driver and a Train Guard at the same time. However, this does make me slightly late for my schedule (depending on the DLC).

Essentially, I would like to see a Train Guard only mode (or for commuter rail, a CSA role) for unlocking the doors, and maybe the ability to do fare inspections on board the trains.

Also, bonus suggestion, can we get the ability to make announcements via our own mics and also get automated train announcements?

• Like Like x 1
  2. formulabee#1362

formulabee#1362 Well-Known Member

Would like tsw to have a guard, but maybe post it in suggestions

3. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

I think this has been in the suggestions before. I'm assuming in guard mode the AI drives and we just open the doors. I've never really got my head round what people would like the mode to be doing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. redrev1917

redrev1917 Well-Known Member

I just don't see the long term game play of acting as a guard on an AI train tbh.

Once you've opened the doors, waited 30seconds and then close them at one station on one route haven't you don't them on all routes.i mean it might be fun to do it on the 1942 stock where you'd keep your door open until the train leaves the station and watch out the door. But other than that I could see it getting very tedious very quickly

5. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

Agreed and I know some people ride the sim as a passenger and I sometimes use Sand Patch grade as a moving screen saver whilst i work as I dont need to touch it Im struggling to connect to pulling into a station, having a whistle and a buzzer and then repeating it. It's not as involving as the train. We'll be asking for drink service trolleys we can use next or to have a working buffet on the ICE.

6. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

My verdict would be unsure on this. I mean in the bus sims you can collect the fares and issue tickets but then you still get to drive the bus.

The only rail route I ever encountered that on was the Swedish Inlandsbanan outside the tourist season, where the one train a day from Gallivare to Arvidsjaur the driver also checked tickets. As it turned out I was the only passenger for the entire 170 miles and I was travelling on a rail staff free pass!

7. Sharpey

Sharpey Member

I think it's a fantastic idea. I mean they have a passenger mode so why not a guard mode? It would be great for those days/nights where you are occupied with something else and can divert your attention away.

• Like Like x 1
  8. DTG Natster

DTG Natster Producer Staff Member

Moved to suggestions.

• Like Like x 1