The Catch Survey

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GeeDub438, Sep 26, 2020.

1. GeeDub438

GeeDub438 Member

I don’t know about you guys but I received a request from DTG to take a survey. Wow, being asked to give my feedback after DTG have been noticeably silent since the release of The Catch.

Now, I’ve dealt with statistics for years and I absolutely hate them. The one thing I know about them though, with certainty, is that the results will ALWAYS tell you more about the people that ask the question in the first place. This survey is no different.

I just feel this is a last ditch attempt by DTG to placate the players and make them feel their voices are being heard.

DTG.... have you heard the fable of The Boy That Cried Wolf?

There is also one other consideration....... If you don’t like the answer, don’t ask the question. For the last 6 to 12 months you have totally ignored the player base. What makes us think you will listen, take note and act upon our feedback, because you sure as hell haven’t in the past.

Good luck with the survey and I look forward to seeing the results, which I doubt will be made public.

• Like Like x 1
  2. stevenrichards29

stevenrichards29 New Member

I didn't even bother doing the survey because it was solely focused on money and marketing.
    The biggest problems Dovetail has is that they don't listen to the players and fix issues and problems that are present in the game which really should have been seen during testing, its a real shame coz I do like fishing sims and this 1 had so much promise. The website and forum is mehh, which tbh should be the most important way for the company to gather information, help in fixing problems and gathering information from the player base on there views of the game and what it needs. Surely this would increase revenue and the interaction with their customers would make the player bases more confident to recommend their product to others instead of wasting time on pointless surveys that really do and mean nothing.
    DOVETAIL IF YOUR GOING TO RELEASE RUSHED UNTESTED GAMES, NOT FIX THE ISSUES AND RELY ON DLC'S TO PROP U UP IT WILL FAIL DOWN THE LINE + ITS NOT REALLY A GOOD BUSSINESS MODEL.

• Like Like x 1