Train Sim World 3 Swiss Narrow Gauge Railway

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by lieneda#6024, Mar 27, 2023.

1. lieneda#6024

lieneda#6024 New Member

Many people know Switzerland for having beautiful scenery and great railway infrastructure, but so far, there are only two routes. For some people, the Arosa line might be too mountainous (which doesn't mean that it is bad). Switzerland has lots of light rail lines connecting smaller towns which do have a charm, and I think some people would be interested in such. Because some people might not know which exactly I mean, I have posted example pictures in this post which are from Google by the way. Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_6.png AVA_Linien_S17_800x200.jpg I think these routes would fit well with Train Sim World graphics and can still be considered a train. Most of these are also meter-gauge (1000mm), a few examples could be:

Frauenfeld-Wil Bahn, a small line connecting the towns Wil and Frauenfeld, also going on the road for a few times. Even though it's short, it could still be fun to drive. Stadler AbE 4/8 Diamant trains operate on this line.

Lines of the Aargau Verkehr (AVA), similar to Frauenfeld Wil Bahn, just a bit bigger.

Lines of the Appenzeller Bahnen (AB), they also own the Frauenfeld-Wil Bahn but do have some other lines.

I don't know, would anyone else be interested in such lines?

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  2. meridian#2659

meridian#2659 Well-Known Member

Lol, didnt expect a suggestion of fwb & ava in this forum ;). I think fwb doesnt give a high variety to tsw with its 5 trains. For narrow gauge they could extend the rhb network.
    For Modern narrowgauge i would rather see fal or fdc in italy.

Screenshot_20230328-231557_Gallery.jpg