Swml Reading & Woking - Weymouth

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by GTAGamer245, Sep 9, 2022.

1. GTAGamer245

GTAGamer245 Well-Known Member

This route add will be set in 2021 for realistic AI at Reading using dlcs to reference to shortage of IETs due to cracks.

Northern starting point will be Reading or Woking depending on the service/timetable service. Crosscountry services will reverse at Reading after arriving from Oxford, Birmingham and Manchester to head towards Southampton Central and Bournemouth.

Intermediate stops include Basingstoke where the Crosscountry services and SWT/SWR services join tracks in the route, Winchester, Eastleigh, Southampton Airport Parkway, Southampton Central, Brockenhurst, Bournemouth and Poole with Weymouth as the southern ending point of the route in the dlc with other locations such as Southampton Dock and also the Romsey branch to Salisbury via Chandlers Ford and Millbrook.

Included locomotives:

Class 70 in Freightliner livery with updated Container wagons and new Container brands such as P&O and Maersk + Class 66 as a substitute for East Coastway, GWE and SEHS Extended owners.

Class 221 Super Voyager in Arriva Crosscountry or Virgin Crosscountry livery.

Class 444 in SWT or SWR livery.

Class 450 in SWT or SWR livery.

Class 159 in SWT or SWR livery as a possible loco add on.

Possible layers from other dlcs:
    AI only Southern Class 377s at Southampton Central with the exception of 1 drivable service from Southampton Central to Eastleigh (Requires East Coastway or London Commuter)

Class 166 services include stopping services from Reading to Basingstoke and services from Southampton Central to Salisbury calling at Romsey with one service to Eastleigh calling at Southampton Airport Parkway.
    (Requires Great Western Express)

Class 387 services combination of AI only at Reading + services from Reading to Reading West on Newbury services covering for Class 800s due to them out of service due to cracks.
    (Requires London Commuter)

Class 484 on test runs from Eastleigh to Southampton Central and back.
    (Requires Island Lind 2022: BR Class 484)

What do you think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. dorsetgeorge

dorsetgeorge New Member

I agree although I'd say the 387 and 484 layers are a bit excessive - and don't forget, the 166 does operate from Dorchester Jn to Weymouth - so maybe an idea is to model some streets in Dorchester to be able to walk from Dorch South to Dorch West for the 166 services, rather than only having one stop Upwey to Weymouth. Only a 5 minute walk anyways.

And don't forget about licensing! From previous experience we know it's hard to get licensing from SWR for TSW routes so I'm not sure that'll work out that well. Plus they need licensing to every other involved TOC and also for the containers so it'd be difficult for them to do this route.

3. GTAGamer245

I added these layers to make the dlc more busy so it doesn't end up boring. These layers are intended for PC and Next Gen consoles due to memory constraints.

4. dorsetgeorge

dorsetgeorge New Member

Yeah but either way, it's a but excessive and out of their reach, to re-livery an existing train is something they've not done for a route DLC before and I cannot imagine it happening, and the 484 testing just doesn't seem realistic to me, so overall I'm not sure these layers would quite work out.

5. GTAGamer245

The class 484 had actually been on mainline testing at Eastleigh before they entered service so it would be realistic.

6. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

Would love to see a dlc like this. As extravagant as it sound, it is in my top 5 of thing I want in tsw3. However the Class 220 would also be a part of the route the irl line does have 220s