PlayStation Taking On The World Trophy

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by pauldouglas1996, Nov 12, 2020.

1. pauldouglas1996

pauldouglas1996 New Member

Could anyone suggest a good route to rack up the miles. This is my last trophy I need for platinum and already played nearly 140hrs and only on 3,000 miles.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Lamplight

Lamplight Well-Known Member

If you really only want to farm the trophy (which I‘d advise against since you‘ll just burn out your interest) then I‘d suggest SKA. I think it has the best time-to-mileage ratio. I don‘t own HMA/MAG though, so I don‘t know if that‘s better.

• Like Like x 1
  3. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

I'm slowly getting there but won't be boosting it anytime soon. Given I'm going to buy more routes, I don't see much point boosting it as it will unlock eventually (almost there anyway).

If I was going to I would use an ICE on SKA, which is a core route. Enable LZB, save when it is on the LZB section and load up save again once finished.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Trainmania100

Trainmania100 Well-Known Member

Probably won't be as difficult when the lgv route comes out, do you have to operate one rail vehicle on particular for 10k miles or is it collectively all trains

• Like Like x 1
  5. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

The 10k is collective as is the 1k.

6. pinxtonpaws

pinxtonpaws Guest

SKA with the ICE is definately the quickest.
    TIP: As you're approaching the 99mph section out of Koln save your game then use the 'resume save game' to restart from that point and just keep doing the 155mph + 124mph sections of the route. At the end of the high speed bit just pause + quit to menu to log your miles. Can't remember exactly but I think it takes around 9 mins to cover the 21 miles.
    As as already been pointed out though, the milestone will unlock thru natural progression but I got a little impatient towards the end (you reach a point where It takes over and you stop playing routes simply because they're not long enough or quick enough) so to put it behind me that's how my final 1000 or so miles were done.

Note: Over the speed limit miles do not count towards your total.
    Note: Use a standard timetable route and not a custom scenario.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  7. pauldouglas1996

pauldouglas1996 New Member

Thanks that is so helpful I didn’t realise driving over the speed limit didn't actually count, was doing the Koln route but on scenario planner doing 43mile route and only racking up 20. I was using other trains to help boost the class 166 and 101 trophies as they are a grind but, after a while it was taking the fun out the game. I moved back to NTP and playing for fun again. Currently sat on 5,400 miles close but yet still so far.

8. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

Hi, what I'm doing to boost up the milage:
    I use remote play for PS on my laptop. I bought reWASD (there's a free trial to test it), but it's not necessary. You make a custom scenario with any train you want to boost on a route you like. I use rapid transit from Leipzig Nord to Dessau Hbf because it allows a decent speed and distance (had always a red signal on SKA) . Then you start your run, for example with the 101 or the BR155. You start the custom scenario and drive until you got a good speed and save the game. Now all you have to do, is to wait till the run ends because you passed a red signal. Then you leave and load the save game and gain easy miles again. :) You can easily make a makro to start the savegame again with reWASD, or you start it again and w8 till its over again. :)

9. CowBoyWolf

CowBoyWolf Well-Known Member

the 101 does not exist yet ingame if you are talking about the DB BR 101

10. Ps4Player

Ps4Player Well-Known Member

No, I'm talking about the british rail 101 DMU.