PlayStation Talent 2 Pzb Malfunction

Discussion in 'TSW Troubleshooting & Issues Discussion' started by Deltic00, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Deltic00

Deltic00 Active Member

I’ve been using PZB lately and decided to check out the new talent 2 today. I approach a green signal at 120 k/mh, the signal is showing an 8 meaning i must acknowledge and slow down to 80km/h correct? I pass the signal and about 10 seconds later PZB has a seizure.. I’ve done exactly the same thing with the ICE3 and don’t have a problem with PZB for this

2. L89

L89 Well-Known Member

Going too fast approaching the 80 KM. You can't slow down at the last moment. Soon as you see that speed reduction you should be braking moderately.

3. Shaun123

Shaun123 Well-Known Member

You need to acknowledge and slow down to 85 km/h within 23 seconds. That’s all PZB is interested in. It’s then down to you to make sure you abide by the 80 km/h limit.

4. Jezame

Jezame Member

Were you using a usb keyboard to acknowledge the PZB? I’ve found that using a usb keyboard attached to the PS4 on the Talent 2 to acknowledge PZB it says PZB pressed on the right hand side of the screen as you would expect, but the train will complain that it was not pressed in a timely manner and come to a halt. The same seems to apply for PZB release using the keyboard. Using the circle button on the controller to acknowledge PZB works fine, so I’ve been making sure I use that on the Talent 2.

The ICE3 doesn’t display this issue and works fine from the usb keyboard to acknowledge And release PZB.

This can be recreated easily on the Talented Takeover scenario. At around 6mins into the scenario you will hit a signal with a speed restriction on it, if you attempt to acknowledge PZB with the keyboard it says the button has been pressed but it doesn’t actually work, but if you use the controller instead it will work fine.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2020
  5. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

i think with the keyboard you have to hold it down a bit even if it bleeps when you hold acknowledge it's not like the controller where you can tap the circle button

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  6. Jezame

Jezame Member

Thank for you the reply! You are completely correct, just tested this and it works fine if you hold the key down rather than just tap at it like I was doing.

Feel a bit foolish now, but I much appreciate you taking the time to mention this.

7. Knightfire1964

Knightfire1964 Well-Known Member

no worries glad i could help

8. ajwilson1889

ajwilson1889 Active Member

Same for me, 3 times I tried st the end of the 250kmph stretch theres a 100kmph, slowed to 100 well in advance then got an 80 warning on a flashing green, slowed to 80 well within the 23 seconds and acknowledged but still triggered a stop. The only way I got through is sliding to 80 well in advance and travelling through the whole section under speed, made me 2 mins late