Talyllyn Narrow Guage Railway: Tywyn - Nant Gwernol

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by Blazin, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Blazin

Blazin Well-Known Member

A beautiful narrow guage railway that I would love to see in Train Simulator. It has been proven that with the Corris Railway that amazing narrow guage routes can be made, and there is barely any in Train Sim as it is, only 2 from what I know. This route is about 7 miles long (11km long), stations include: Tywyn, Pendre, Hendy Halt, Fach Goch Halt, Cynfal Halt, Rhydyronen, Tynllwynhen Halt, Brynglas, Dolgoch, Abergynolwyn and Nant Gwernol.
    DLC for this possible route could include No. 1 "Talyllyn", and No. 2 "Dolgoch". Both would include passenger service scenarios.
    3 separately purchased DLC could be: Talyllyn Expansion Pack 1, includes No.3 "Sir Haydn" and No.4 "Edward Thomas". Talyllyn Expansion Pack 2, includes No. 6 "Douglas" and No. 7 "Tom Rolt" and Talyllyn Diesel Pack, includes No. 5 "Midlander", No. 9 "Alf", No.11 '"Trecwn" and No.12 "St Cadfan". Scenarios for the diesels would include passenger services and maintenance / freight services.
    Specific information on all these locomotives can be found on their website, here: https://www.talyllyn.co.uk/about/locomotives
    Here are some photos showcasing the beauty of this railway.
    dcf05v6-be820587-62aa-4e04-ba7c-bfc0dc387719.jpg
    fdde144cff10eb31a51a9643dd49871b.jpg 40944948271_d89940cdc3_b.jpg
    Much more can be found on videos on YouTube, and the Talylln Railway's YouTube channel and website.
    I would certainly pay money to drive on this beautiful narrow gauge route.
    Please let me know if I got any information wrong.

2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Isn't there already a version of this that can be purchased on CD or DVD ROM from UK Trainsim?

3. hayward.john48

hayward.john48 Well-Known Member

There is.