Tees Valley Line: A List Of Stuff I Think Could Be Improved, Changed, Or Added

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by finntd#7891, Sep 29, 2021.

1. finntd#7891

finntd#7891 Well-Known Member

Welcome to part 4 of this series, I Remembered that Peninsula is getting and Upgrade so I Decided to do NTPs little bro TVL, I Also wanna mention I do want to update the other parts as I progress and do more services on these routes, TVL is a route I Got but didn't really play, but I have started on it truly, I Always preferred NTP (I Done 63s services on NTP at this point) but TVL I've been working on And so far I Have a grasp on the locos and the problems I have with them, along with some of the Services too, anyways lets get onto,

Locos:
    Class 37:

The Class 37 always felt like the Class 40, I even assume it was the Base for the Class 40, but just like the Class 40 its a good Loco, I actually don't have any complaints so Far, except,

The engine sound is too Low:
    Its hard to hear the engine sounds, let alone the Iconic Class 37 engine sound that they are famous for.
    That's all for the 37.

Class 08:
    The Class 08 is a Stable loco so far, I Like it, Simple, Easy to use, Everyone loves the 08, but

The Air brake takes to much to apply:
    what i mean is when I hold the button to apply the brakes its a solid second of waiting for it to go to Initial Application, this applies to the HFP 08.

Class 101:
    The last of the Stock Locos of this route, this version of the 101 has less issue then the NTP Version, but it shares some issues, ill copy n Paste the NTP List but ill remove some items

1. The Under Carriage is Literally a low res mess: sometimes its neat to hop on down and Start a Class 101 from the Outside as was done on a cold day but everything about the undercarriage is very low resolution so its hard to enjoy the little details without the actual detail.

2. Let us open the Back of the Destination Indicator: TVL Changes the Destination blind so it doesn't go to a Fixed position, so I Want to be able to open the back of it to make it easier to Line up.

3. Make it Act more Realistically: This is my Biggest complaint about the 101 in General on all routes with it, but I feel it doesn't act like it would IRL when you put the Throttle on Notch 1 it shouldn't be able to go to Max RPM, along with that the Gear change is Odd, The First Gen DMU's gear's requires 2 seconds to change Gears not when you are out of the yellow part of the RPM Gauge, also its a Very Smooth transition for the RPMs not a sudden drop in RPMs. that is all I Could think of for the Class 101.

Class 31:
    TVLs 1st DLC Loco, This loco I do have Complaints with it,

Mainly
    Brakes feel too weak:
    Even running light the Brakes, particularly the Train brakes feel super weak even on Passenger timings, which is causing me a bit of issue on Tank Trouble, idk if anyone else feels the same about this but its kinda annoying, heck The Loco brakes work much better then the air brakes, even that it’s Sh*t and has cause me to want to go Slow and not fast in the Class 31.

Why so Limited?:
    The Class 31 can be used on like no Services, ill expand on this later.

Lack of Sounds when cab window is open:
    I opened my window to here the sound of the EE 12SVT and it didn't get louder as it should

Class 20:
    TVLs 2nd DLC Loco, the Class 20 is Nice so far, ill be honest its a Solid loco so far no Complaints, might change though.

How ever
    Add the Later Headcode Box Class 20s:
    a simple Variant but it would be nice to see the Later class 20s with Headcode Boxes added.

Scenario Related stuff:
    3 Become 2 seems hard to gold:

yea I don't know if I'm supposed to have Accurate as hell stops but I still haven't gold it yet

Timetable Stuff:
    Why so Limited on the Class 31?:

I Understand it probably had to be Emergency Implemented onto TVL But surely we would've gotten more Cement Services, not to mention we cant use the 31 on other Services like the class 20 can. What we need? More Cement Services, let the 31 be usable on 37/20 Services, and give it Northern Trans Pennine services, but that last one is for NTP.

More Statics:
    Thornaby Depot is a Big depot, so I Would like to see more Static locos of like the Class 20/31 around the Place.

Class 47 Layer:
    The Class 47 can realistically layer into the Route from NTP, whether it be on Passenger or Freight, it would fit right in.

ECML Passing Layer:
    This route meets with the ECML At Darlington, just a few Sentences ago I mentioned how the Class 47 can layer into This route from NTP, Well lets expand that to a layer where loco Hauled Passenger trains pass by at Darlington along the ECML, this is Added by NTP because it has the MK2s and MK1 BG, Perfect for this kinda Layer, these can be found being Hauled by the Class 47 and Class 31.

Class 31 Loco hauled Passenger Trains should use Middle Coaches:
    The Class 31 performs Loco hauled Passenger trains by coupling to a simple Class 101, this route introduces Middle coaches, So I'm suggesting that these services use a Rake of 101 Middle Coaches, they are essentially MK1s with Jumper cables, I have also seen some Images of Middle coaches being used as Loco hauled stock, so its not to far out of the Question.

Why do 2 of the Class 20's Journey Services share the Same services as ones in the 37's Journey?:
    This is self Explanatory for some reason 2 services in the Class 20's journey is the same as in the 37's journey, if I'm doing the journey surely I want to get as many services in it done as I can and playing a Service again shouldn't be Necessary.

Route Geometry Related stuff:
    Extend the Route to Bishop Auckland:
    To complete TVL I wanna suggest adding the 11 mile section between Darlington and Bishop Auckland, Bishop Auckland is the Real Western Terminus of this route irl, this adds in at least 5 more stations and Brings TVL to its Whole self

End:
    that's it so far, As I progress more into TVL I Will update this but so far this is kinda how I Feel about the route, thanks for tuning into part 4 of this series I'm heading out

Last edited: Oct 29, 2021
    • Like Like x 4