PlayStation Terminal Switch

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Dave Mel, Aug 19, 2018.

1. Dave Mel

Dave Mel Well-Known Member

im having problems on the scenario terminal switch. how do you set the switches on the map to set the correct route. i zoom in on the map and select the switches i want to switch by pressing x on my controller but nothing happens, am i doing something wrong or do i have to get out of the cab and switch them. I have seen them doing it on youtube switching switches on the map but maybe they are using a computer and not a console

2. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

Hard to advise really. Can’t rem this exact scenario but sometimes the first switch you need to get out and do manually marked by the target sign, but then for the rest I’ve had no trouble doing it from the map view

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dave Mel

Thanks ive done the first one manually then the one where you have to reverse i did manually. then i forgot about another one when reversing and got derailed hahahaha

4. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

At first it’s really annoying but remember to keep doing saves as you go then you don’t have to completely start over each time if you mess a bit up

5. Dave Mel

i think theres bugs in this. in the braking. the automatic brakes dont release properly and you can still drive it. and another section told me to set the automatic brakes to handle off and i couldnt do it so i drove it back to the yard and it wouldnt give me the points and rewards so i quit it

6. Dave Mel

i have now worked out this bug. it happens when you go to the map to check the route and switches. When you go back to the cab the reverser and brakes dont work properly. what happens is you can only set the reverser using the throttle and you cant release the automatic brakes, but you can still drive it. the only way of stopping is by using the throttle and idle throttle/idle throttle/idle. this also happens on the other scenarios using the GP-2

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
  7. Sintbert

Sintbert Well-Known Member

Check that you apply/release the correct brakes.. there are 3 through which you can cycle with a button. Map screen, standing up and other actions sometimes change the selected brake.

8. Canon772

Canon772 Active Member

Some problems can be solved by setting both the automatic brakes and the throttle to zero before selecting the one you want to use. It has worked for me anyway.

9. Dave Mel

Today i have completed this scenario. I did not use the map to look at and to set the switches. my driver had to do all the leg work, a lot of running and walking and setting the switches by hand hahahaha. So beware of using the map and the external camera. No im going to try the trash collector one not using the map