Tgv Signals Infomation In World Builder

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jokerice, Jun 18, 2019.

Tags:
  1. jokerice

jokerice New Member

hi there i am trying to make a new route with the world builder but i dont get how the tgv tvm system works i have looked all over the net and cant find any infomation on how it works . i have tested it ingame by placing a signal every 10 to 15 km and noticed that it auto managed the speed some how but i cant seem to change the speed limit so say giving the driver a 225 or 300 display signal in the cab . it seems that ts does this on its own and i woud like to change the speed. i have look in the standard manual but that only tells me how to read the signals not how to place them or change the speed . please help me out its realy getting frustrating .

2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I believe the line speed is set on the TRACK not the signals. I'm sure I've seen a Matt P instruction vid on youtube on how to do this

3. jokerice

jokerice New Member

yea i did the hole set speed on the track but the tvm signal does not pick it up so i can set the track speed to 80 the hole lenth but the signal first shows me 80 then 160 then 225 . so it looks like the tvm signals do some kind of auto speed set up .very weird and frustrating if you cant set the speed limit. and like i said there is no infomation on how to set the tgv - tvm signals up in world builder :(

4. jokerice

jokerice New Member

well thanks devs for all the help and info on how the tgv tvm system works. the manual really helpt a lot (NOT)
    after contacting doventail about how to set up a tvm system and got the reply check out the development manual / vistit the forums.
    Btw Dev manual/site did nothing for me . i just needed to know how to make it work, not how to make assets. after about 4 days of trying to get it to work and
    literally deleting most stuff out of the 'Marseille to avignon'-add on, i finaly found out how to get it to work. and for anybody thats stuck with the same problem as me,
    i made a list of things to get it to work.

1st) the tvm system does the speed indication on its own so if the line is too short it will just show you 80 and not build up from 80,160,200 etc
    but you can still in some way make sure it goes to 300,320 just by changing the speed of the track. you can also build it up the tvm system
    which will start at 80 untill it reaches the speed you set on the track

2) place any of the (TVM Signals) 10/15 km apart from each other so i just used the ruler to measure the distance between 2 points.
    also make sure that the route you are going to make for highspeed line is long enough

3) is to place the CAB signals at each end of your HSL, at the starting and at the end of it so for a example
    when you enter a hsl, place a Cabstart facing the way that your going to go and a little further a Cab end singal for if you come back the other way. make sure
    that you place it at both ends of the line.

and that should be it. your high speed line works . so no deleting stuff out of scenario just to find out how it works

i hope the devs read this and will help others if thay ask for help and not just sending them to the developer site (which teached me nothing)
    hope this help you peeps out there

5. 749006

749006 Well-Known Member

The info about the CAB sign is useful as I was trying to place TVM Signals on a German route but they did not work.
    I obviously missed the CAB start and end markers

Peter

6. jokerice

jokerice New Member

your welcome . its nice to hear that this info helps