Thameslink

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by samuelbrookes1, Jun 25, 2020.

1. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I think that a great route to see in Train Simulator would be a Thameslink route. My proposal is the route from Sutton in South London to St Albans City, just north of London. This would feature 31 stations and look like the below map.
    [​IMG]
    This route would go both directions in the Sutton loop, both via Mitcham Junction and Wimbledon. This route would be driven with the class 700 dual voltage EMU and would provide a variety of services from the third rail in south London to the overhead wires in north London, meaning that the pantograph has to be raised/lowered in the core section. This route may also feature ATO in the core section, but I do not know if Dovetail can replicate that.
    [​IMG]
    This would also feature London Blackfriars station which is located on the River Thames.[​IMG]
    This route is approximately 43 miles in length, which I think is a reasonable length as it is only 3 miles more than LIRR.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

3. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

4. Cat

Cat Well-Known Member

5. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

The main section of the Thameslink section can you make sure it has not got ATO and train stops I like the signaling system that the railways had when the class 319 where in service before they whent up North

6. dcr raptor

dcr raptor Member

Could also include the Thameslink route to Orpington.