Thank-you And Great Job On The May 11th Update

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by tom.frame, May 12, 2021.

1. tom.frame

tom.frame Member

Its has to be said that you don't hear it enough great job :) long time player first time poster.
    I read the forums, watch the videos, play the game and buy all the DLC's so thanks to you, Sam, Matt, Mike, Nat, JD, Adam and anyone else who was involved. I personally look at where the game started till now and there has been more done this year alone compared to the first few years in TSW history So cheers
    and it was free to boot. Thanks again

• Like Like x 17
  2. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

The M7 still has audio bugs even though the update was supposed to fix that issue. The alerter on the m7 is quiter, the sound in the middle of the train would cut out which was the same bug that happened when lirr was released. I was playing eariler and I had the train audio in the cab cut out when I was going inside the tunnels that head toward penn station from free cam to cockpit cam meaning there was no sound. When I tried to do a return journey back to Hempstead from Penn Station, the other end of the train had no audio either. There are clearly still issues and all that needed to be done was get the m7 up to tsw2020 standard

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  3. tom.frame

tom.frame Member

I was just saying thanks all the issues will more than likely be fixed I can't speak to that but my post is just appreciation for the work that's being done you can post your comments on the update announcement heading where it will probably get more notice

• Like Like x 1
  4. a.paice

a.paice Well-Known Member

Totally agree. It’s not 100% yet but there is a lot of effort going into the game for no additional profit and I appreciate that.
    You wouldn’t catch many other game developers doing that.

• Like Like x 3
  5. synthetic.angel

synthetic.angel Well-Known Member

I think that DTG do intend to keep the DLCs on sale, so I don't think that this will be a cost in the long run.....

More seriously - it is part of their business model to maintain a back catalogue, so when a new customer comes along, they have a large swathe of DLC content availlable to buy - and if the features are consistent, then they are more likely to buy all of it (and I suspect that "whales" form a large chunk of their customer base).

But the net effect for existing customers (assuming the bugs are ironed out in the second pass) is extremely positive... and I am really grateful for it. And although other developers do make this sort of effort (and much much more....), it isn't strictly necessary, or part of the original bargain - so it is most pleasantly welcome.

This "Preservation" work all genuinely adds years to the playability of my TSW collection.

• Like Like x 3
  6. JBViper

JBViper Well-Known Member

I rediscover Rapid Transit, as if I had bought a new DLC. There has been a lot of work by DTG and I thanked him for this free update :D

• Like Like x 7
  7. erg73

erg73 Well-Known Member

They've done a great job but it's a shame that it's marred by the sound problems that are still very evident in both Rapid Transit and LIRR.
    It's really strange because here on the forums we've seen countless complaints about the sounds of the preserved collection, to the point where many of us have stopped playing these routes because of these problems. They say they listen to us, but now they release this big update after several months and we see that most of these problems have not been fixed. Why is that? Only DTG can know.

• Like Like x 2
  8. tallboy7648

tallboy7648 Well-Known Member

Hopefully a quick patch will fix the issue and get it up to tsw2020 standards

• Helpful Helpful x 2