Thank You Dovetail.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by rielious#4231, Jul 4, 2021.

1. rielious#4231

rielious#4231 New Member

My 2 cents to you, thanks for adding the loop to the list of American RR Routes. I've lived in California now almost 40 years, Have driven that route along SR58, I don't know how many times, and have seen trains on the loop many many times. Always a joy to see. I always slow down when I pass that area along the route, just to enjoy the action. (Gotta be cautious, its like Texting and driving....OOPS!!) It make others around me road rage a little because I'm driving like a true grandpa. LOL!!

The only complaint I have, you need to dump your QA employees or invest in getting them glasses, they suck at their job. I'm always finding incomplete spots along routes, from missing block signals pole, and hanging block signals, incorrect speeds postings, terrain lower than the track, incomplete sidings, Etc... This that will jump off the screen at you. You can't miss them.

I hate being so picky like this, but it does kinda of kill the overall feeling one should have. Right? I have gotten into the habit of cloning the routes and fixing the issue myself. But is its because you don't have enough QA employees, HEY, I'm retired and sit on my toosh. Hire me, please I'l be another good set of eyes.

But seriously, look forward to more awesome routes from you guys.

• Like Like x 4
  2. DIFFLOCK

DIFFLOCK Active Member

As a Brit I do like the fact that I can gain access to more US trackage when DTG release the unbranded routes (my small thanks to DTG !). Might I be cheeky and suggest that you consider sharing your work to the Steam workshop if that doesn't equate to giving the whole route away for free (you mentioned you clone the route, so I fear I may have answered my own question there!), or other such things which may be deemed piratical?
    Sorry, I can't afford to hire you :cool:

3. NEC Railfan

NEC Railfan Well-Known Member

Well uploading cloned routes to the workshop is technically fine, since the assets are what make or break whether it's drivable.

• Helpful Helpful x 1