The 4-way Challenge Stream

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Mattty May, Dec 24, 2020.

1. Mattty May

Mattty May Guest

I really enjoyed the stream last night, it was a lot of fun seeing Matt, Sam, Natalie and Jamie competing on the Bakerloo Line.

I would really like to see more of these streams with different challenges involving different trains - maybe one a month?

Challenges could include the use of safety systems amongst others. A lot of fun.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Michael Newbury

Michael Newbury Well-Known Member

I myself enjoyed yesterdays stream as well and would like to see them do that a little more often on other routes.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Clumsy Pacer

Clumsy Pacer Well-Known Member

upload_2020-12-24_15-48-48.png
    I also enjoyed it, however when I first went on and saw Matt in a Children in Need onesie, my first reaction was "good grief they've really pushed the bar into the ground now". Which I like.

4. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Will only work when they make a proper scoring system.

5. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

If everyone is using the same scoring system - why wouldn't is work? Just curious

6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Oh, it works as a "who can get to the end in the described timeframe", but as was shown on the stream, when you can speed, stop short under harsh braking etc then that says to me that it wasn't the best driver who won. The one who manipulated the poor scoring system did

There were a few stops on the drive where Sam should have received far fewer points than he did, simply for "dumping it on the platform"

7. LeadCatcher

LeadCatcher Well-Known Member

Oj
    oh I agree that the scoring system is bogus, Sam even humorously berated Matt over the same thing. In both TSW and TS20XX, the whole career and scoring system do nothing to promote proper driving skills and I totally ignore as a matter of fact. But just for a lark, I thought the “challenge” was a good piece of fun and I could see others doing the same just for entertainment on the light hearted side.

8. TinTin_57

TinTin_57 Well-Known Member

They should run this again but on RSN with all German safety systems on. Matt would win hands down. Would be fun seeing how many emergency stops there were. Winner could be who arrives first, who has most points, who has least emergency brakes.....or even a combo of those 3.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

For me the stream was an example of what a reasonable multiplayer system could look possibly like. And one that's fairly tech un-intensive too.

10. WVUadam

WVUadam Well-Known Member

Very enjoyable these stream event challenges