The Aurn Valley Line

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by budtheweiser, Jan 5, 2021.

1. budtheweiser

budtheweiser Active Member

The Aurn Valley line runs between Three Bridges to Arundel the line the stations it runs
    Crawley Ifield Faygate, Little haven, Horsham, Christs Hospital, Billingshurst, Pullbourgh, Amberley
    & Arundel the rolling stock used on the line is the class 377 & the class 700
    [​IMG]=

• Like Like x 1
  2. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

700s only as far as Horsham
    a few 66 runs from Crawley towards Cardiff Docks
    Mostly runs from London Victoria to Bognor using 37x units

3. Trainman525

Trainman525 Well-Known Member

I don't want to be horrible but the more routes you ask for the less likely you are to get one of your preferred routes. I would also back this as a suggestion but maybe to be incorporated into the larger west coastway. Then that is a decent chunk of railway, not currently in train simulator or train sim world.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Cyclone

Cyclone Well-Known Member

I just posted my own suggestion for the Sutton and Mole Valley Line. It goes to Horsham. I don't see a reason to extend it from London-Brighton at Three Bridges unless the route is added on to that route and South London Network, making it a huge network, and even then the path after Horsham to the terminus is not vital as a DLC covering the lower track might take care of some of that, if ever.

• Like Like x 2
  5. budtheweiser

Great Idea for a route across the South east of England

6. budtheweiser

I Hope to see this route by the spring this year

7. markhazeldine

markhazeldine Well-Known Member

There's actually a freeware version of that already: https://trainsimstore.weeblysite.com/product/the-sutton-and-mole-valley-line/

8. markhazeldine

Yeah, Arun valley would be cool too. I would go for pretty much anything on the SWR or Southern networks. Anything to make more use of my AP 442/444 and 377!

9. Cyclone

That was brought up in my Sutton suggestion thread, actually. So I'm already familiar with it and suggested to the developer, for the scenario pack, to consider using non-AP products for those who do not tend to use third-party assets or might already own the versions from Steam without going third-party. That may be considered, so this should make the scenario pack more versatile. He's understandably not redoing the original scenarios, so they will need separate attention later if I'm going to use them to show off the route since I have no AP products.

10. markhazeldine

Maybe you should just get the AP products. lol. They're seriously good. :)

11. Cyclone

All right, you got $700 CAD you're willing to hand me? LOL It's literally a ton of money just to drive a scenario. I'll stick with my method for now, thanks.

BTW, I do have the 150 on Steam and the Steam version of Wherry, but I later learned that the AP version of Wherry has other things added. I e-mailed asking about how to get just the missing content and I was told I would have to buy the route again. Uh, no, that's not a proper way to do business. I bet even though I have the Arriva 150/2 he wants me to buy that pack at full price again as well. Did I forget to mention that those scenarios need multiple other AP products to run? He's designed the packs to line his pockets by necessity, quite literally. I'm also cheesed that he demanded the Oovee 150 be removed after buying the rights to it, and it's still used all over the place - even on Just Trains DLC, in a scenario pack.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  12. markhazeldine

Oh, I didn't realise you had to own loads of AP stuff. Would it really cost $700 CAD or are you exaggerating for dramatic effect? That's quite a lot! I own about 10 AP products, but I don't tend to do a lot of scenarios. Mainly Quick Drive so I'm not affected too much.

13. ARuscoe

The scenarios that are provided with APs packs are generally rammed full of APs other packs, but if you make your own scenarios, use QDs etc then you don't need all the other AP packs at all
    Then again I own all bar the sound packs anyway (I think the class 40 is one I've missed)

• Like Like x 1
  14. Cyclone

This is exactly it. And on ATS, a lot of provided scenarios tend to be rammed full of them as well. If more scenarios would use minimal assets, I might be more inclined to buy a couple here and there, but to date I have just found it rather disconcerting that I can't find very much minimal. The exchange is horrible as well on my dollar. Meanwhile, my exchange on Steam is fantastic. So I do better buying things on Steam regardless of quality, especially in Steam sales. If anyone ever wanted to swap purchases that might be a way to get both myself and that person a better deal, but I'd want to wait for a sale like the ones just past at Christmas.

That said, even if I get one or two packs, I know I can swap in all the items from Steam (like the regular 170/171, 156, etc. just like BNSF swapping for UP, CN, etc. in the US). Realism isn't a huge thing for me. Just challenge me with a good scenario.

15. ARuscoe

AP have sales too, so wait for them and build up your collection. this is the hobbyist side of the sim game I'm afraid.

16. Cyclone

Rught, but that does not address the other concern. I get people wanting realistic scenarios and have no problem with people demanding and yearning for that; I just wish the scenarios coming with the packs were simpler and didn't involve 10 different pieces of payware each in some cases. That's where the issue comes in. When downloading scenarios from ATS I'd expect scenarios using a bunch in there, but not for the ones coming with a pack.

And yes, I know they have sales, but even the sale prices are not good for us. That one Class 37 pack drops to 15 pounds, which is still well over what any loco (except that Canadian one) costs on Steam after the normal conversion compared to what Steam converts to. Hence why the idea of swapping purchases comes to mind. But I need a better income source before I even think about doing something like that, and I have a million things to play right now anyway, so I'll play with the things I have. :)

• Like Like x 2
  17. budtheweiser

Great route so that I can drive the AP class 377 on the route

18. Cyclone

Yes, I believe you already stated this.

19. steammaster4449

steammaster4449 Well-Known Member

I recommend ignoring it. If the bumping keeps up, the thread'll get locked.

• Like Like x 1