The Avocet Line (exmouth - Exeter St Davids) Tsw 3

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by harrytrainz#1837, Sep 6, 2022.

1. harrytrainz#1837

harrytrainz#1837 New Member

The Avocet Line:
    Information:
    The Avocet Line is a line built in 1861 (161 Yrs Old) that is used to commute workers from Exmouth to Devons biggest City, Exeter, the line can be popular for tourists during Summer as the places along the line are very close to the Sea, and the track runs along the River Exe just a few metres above the water, the line is roughly 11 miles from the Start to the End

Stations:
    The line from Exeter to Exmouth is 11 miles along and takes around half an hour to go from each end, the Stations along the line include: Exeter St Davids, Exeter Central, St James Park, Polsloe Bridge, Digby & Sowton, Newcourt, Topsham, Exton, Lympstone Commando, Lympstone Village and finally Exmouth. To note these stations are request stops: St James Park, Polsloe Bridge, Exton and Lympstone Commando.

Rolling Stock:
    The Avocet Line brings some familiar rolling stock used all over the UK and will fit into this route for TSW 3, Some trains you can expect on this line are the Class 166 (Layered from GWE) Class 150/2 (Layered from WCL But might have to change livery) and maybe the Class 143 "Pacer" as its much loved by the Railway Community or a 158 Sprinter. An optional choice is to put the the Class 43's (Layered from GWE) at Exeter St Davids like shown and done in BML With Southeastern's 375's and 465's.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 6
  2. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

I would include the Exeter to Paignton section as well as the suggested line. Loco wise although the thought of having 50s and valentas rumbling along the riviera is tempting I will keep this modern like originally suggested with the appropriate 80x unit, class 158 and 143 pacer with the hst and repainted 150/2 as layers.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ethcr#4723

ethcr#4723 Member

Great idea! I really want DTG to make a South Western Exeter route.