Train Sim World 3 The Chatham Main Line And Medway Valley Line Extension

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by darkwarrior#2896, Jan 24, 2023.

1. darkwarrior#2896

darkwarrior#2896 Well-Known Member

Today I would like to suggest a possible Southeastern high speed 3.0 expansion what if ideas:

The Chatham Main Line is a railway line in England that links London Victoria[1] and Dover Priory / Ramsgate, travelling via Medway (of which the town of Chatham is part, hence the name).
    upload_2023-1-24_11-56-26.png
    Termini
    London Victoria
    Ramsgate(maybe TSW4)
    Dover Priory
    Stations
    Type Commuter rail, Heavy rail
    Operator(s)
    SE Trains
    Thameslink
    Depot(s)
    Gillingham EMUD, Ramsgate EMUD, Grovesnor Carriage Shed
    Rolling stock
    Class 375 "Electrostar"
    Class 377 "Electrostar"
    Class 395 "Javelin"
    Class 465 "Networker"
    Class 466 "Networker"(potential DLC)
    Class 700 "Desiro City" (potential DLC)

Line length
    116 mi 63 ch
    route map
    upload_2023-1-24_12-3-21.png

Page 2: The Medway valley line

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    • Like Like x 7
  2. darkwarrior#2896

Page two The Medway valley line

The Medway Valley line is the name given to the railway line linking Strood in the Medway Towns via Maidstone West to Paddock Wood. High Speed services also link between Maidstone West, Snodland, Strood and London St Pancras International (peak only). The section from Maidstone West to Paddock Wood passes through some of Kent's most picturesque countryside along the narrower sections of the River Medway upload_2023-1-24_12-6-31.png
    Locale Kent
    South East England
    Termini
    Stations 13
    Type Suburban rail, Heavy rail
    System National Rail
    Route number 01
    Operator(s) SE Trains
    Rolling stock Class 375 "Electrostar"
    Class 395 "Javelin"

Opened

Line length 21 miles 19 chains (34.18 km)
    Number of tracks 2
    Track gauge 1,435 mm (4 ft 8+1⁄2 in) standard gauge
    Electrification Third rail, 750 V DC
    Operating speed 70 mph (110 km/h)

Route map
    upload_2023-1-24_12-9-2.png
    I hope DTG considers 3.0 expansion for Southeastern high speed (maybe TSW4)

• Like Like x 4
  3. driverwoods#1787

driverwoods#1787 Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 1
  4. elarthur

elarthur Well-Known Member

My guess is that CML and MVL would each be a separate future DLC rather than extensions of SEHS. It would be nice to see both but after a short break from 3rd rail content.

• Like Like x 2
  5. lucasfor49

lucasfor49 Well-Known Member

If I'm being honest I don't really want another southeastern route especially if it's just another extension for sehs when so many other routes actually need it. Also we really don't need southeastern in general. I'd say if we're doing southeastern again go backdated and do charing cross-hastings using 411's.

• Like Like x 5
  6. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Why always the CML? It's a boring route where most trains skip the London urban stations and only stop four or five times between Victoria (Bromley, Longfield, Meopham, sometimes Sole Street and sometimes St Mary Cray) with many of the East Kent regionals skipping all of them bar Bromley and going straight to Rochester

Much better to have the North Kent lines from Dartford to CHX and Cannon Street and then this could link to the South London lines over to Victoria (from Lewisham) and from London Bridge to Croydon which links to the BML so the 465 has much more to do, you get full runs from London to Dartford and out to Rainham, links with Thameslink etc etc

• Like Like x 7
  7. johnmcglade17

johnmcglade17 Active Member

I would like to see the expansion of Southeastern high speed London Victoria to Dover Priory and to I'm Ramsgate And it would be a lot better

• Like Like x 1
  8. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

Not the southeastern high speed extension again, we need more routes in a different region of England

• Like Like x 3
  9. darkwarrior#2896

Yes indeed the midway Valley line can be a separate expansion

10. darkwarrior#2896

It doesn't hurt to suggest more London content

• Like Like x 1
  11. darkwarrior#2896

Indeed, I would agree

12. darkwarrior#2896

I like the idea I hope DTG will take this suggestion into consideration by not promising anything

13. Lil jj

Lil jj Well-Known Member

We have plenty in game already, I (and many others) want different regions represented in tsw3, the whole of the uk isn't the southeast.
    Much better routes elsewhere

• Like Like x 3
  14. cherik#7579

cherik#7579 New Member

Another Route would be nice but we don't need another extension because 1. We already had 2 extensions The Ashford and The Dartford Extension, 2. I'm pretty sure people don't want to sit for 2 hours from Vic to mar also if want it to happen just make into separate route Vic to Rochester and strood to Paddock Wood

• Like Like x 1
  15. Asheix

Asheix Active Member

I only suggest routes that I have personally experienced. As you can see below, my preferences are limited to Kent, East and West Sussex, London, and Hampshire. I don't frequently purchase DLCs and primarily enjoy playing East Coastway, Brighton Mainline, Bakerloo Line, and Southeastern High Speed. If the routes below were included in the game, I believe it would provide me with sufficient content, and I would likely not make any further purchases.

All the routes below, I have previously made full suggestions for in the past.

- Ashford International being the central point for a single DLC that goes to Sandwich, Dover Priory via Folkestone, Canterbury West, Margate, Ramsgate, and even Eastbourne to close off the missing part of East Coastway. If DTG was feeling ambitious, it could run the Golden Arrow service on this too from London Victoria to the now-closed Dover Harbour set in the 1930s.
    - Hastings to Charing X with the option of using both the Hastings Thumper, those slam door things that were around in the 80s - 00s (I don't know their name), and the Electrostar. I would like it to go all the way to London and not stop just short at Tonbridge. Incomplete routes are the most frustrating aspect of this game.
    - Brighton - Portsmouth Harbour of any era
    - A London Underground route that is set in the first half 20th Century, 1900 - 1950 that could be done in collaboration with the London Transport Museum who will have the necessary resources.

• Like Like x 1
  16. matt#4801

matt#4801 Well-Known Member

Hear, hear.

There are vast areas of land missing, including the whole of the old BR Eastern Region.

• Like Like x 1
  17. darkwarrior#2896

The Dartford Extension was actualy going to be the North Kent Line

18. friknob#8781

friknob#8781 Active Member

We don't really need another Southeastern route. It's just kind of boring though besides Rochester. In my opinion, we should focus on much more of the community's most wanted routes or some that are kind of needed. For the UK routes, I'd like to see the GEML to either Ipswich or if possible, Norwich, the ECML at some area, something in Wales or the SWML from London - Southampton.

It's not like all of those are ones that people want, but some of those are busy and scenic routes. We should focus on the ones people want, or something that isn't in the UK because we already have a lot of those.

• Like Like x 3