The Hyper Specific Stopping Points On Some Stations Has To Stop.

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by cyrill.kroonstuiver, Mar 23, 2022.

1. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

So I was driving Köln-Aachen earlier just now. And again, just like on some other stations on some other routes I again encountered one of the most annoying little pet peeves I have with this game. That being that on some stations you have to meet the exact point of the marker for it to count.

Now, I would totally understand this if part of the back of my train was still hanging off the station due to me stopping too early, I'd be able to understand, although it should be said there's some platforms on some routes that force you to do this to some extent, so it can't be done everywhere.
    Same for if we were talking about those platforms with the doors on the edge of the platform like you see in Japan often, and some other places, where stopping at the exact right meter is essential, or people won't be able to board.

Neither is the case here though.
    20220323112839_1.jpg 20220323112851_1.jpg 20220323112853_1.jpg

• Like Like x 7
  2. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Also, please not another minor annoyance of the Dostos headlights still not being fixed since Dresden-Chemnitz and I may just be imagining things but I feel like it even got worse? I believe before it wasn't on the non VVO ones still, but now those are glitched too.

• Like Like x 1
  3. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

I believe it's because it's a "stop at" rather than a "load passengers at". Annoying but there is a tollerance of a few meters on it usually

4. cyrill.kroonstuiver

Tolerence of a few meters, sure, but I always fail to hit it even when I'm basically at the right spot anyway.
    I feel TSW2 needs to work on becoming a more dynamic experience when appropriate. Like, if you miss 0.1 seconds on the load passengers while already running late. Not being able to register overshooting (without SPAD) and being stuck cause on your backpeddle you passed the signal again and now it's stuck on red. Or when not stopping at 100% the absolute perfect spot, even though you're at the designated sign and should irl be able to board properly from there

• Like Like x 1
  5. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

Oh I couldn't agree more, and I understand that DTG have put themselves into several "programming loopholes" that they can't easily back out of.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Sharon E

Sharon E Well-Known Member

To me, an easy fix for this, is just widen that circle out from 3 meters to maybe 6. This would give additional room to hit the mark.

• Like Like x 3
  7. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

These are mainly caused by the author of the timetable just not ticking the correct box when setting up the station stops. An easy mistake to make but nobody is checking their work thoroughly enough to catch these errors, which is the bigger problem. If they do get through to release, getting them fixed is a very long game of lucky dip.

• Like Like x 10
  8. fabristunt

fabristunt Well-Known Member

If only they had some sort of QA...

• Like Like x 5
  9. FD1003

FD1003 Well-Known Member

Certified "precision stopping marker" moment

You love to see it.

How many times it happened on the Meißen branch as well... and it is one of the main reasons I don't play it more. So incredibly frustrating.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  10. chieflongshin

chieflongshin Well-Known Member

they had a talent acquisition position advertised a few months back, I guess they’ve either not found or found what they could.. I fear the problem sourcing for them is smoke and mirrors. The talent role had the mix of it being a 6 month contract and the (hr written) advert with no salary immediately shoots them in the foot as it likely does hiring with other roles.

Over ten years in talent acquisition I will tell you from thousands of chats with people that not disclosing salary loses you applicants because if you’re considering (and here’s the key bit, you’re choosing them before they choose you) a new employer, transparency off the bat is key.

Unfortunately too many companies post a boring JD instead of an attractive advert and have this antiquated tell you the salary at interview mentality. Personally that was what stopped me applying too. I imagine they still advertise the same and don’t spend money to put their adverts in right place. Company career boards are crap if people don’t know you exist or don’t follow your page

Last edited: Mar 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  11. Thorgred

Thorgred Active Member

so long as there is no red light just behind it lol

• Like Like x 1
  12. Joethefish

Joethefish Staff Member

Had a look and I'd say this was a mistake rather than intended. There are two main ways we can author a stop at:

One that allows you to stop anywhere within the platform marker which you see on the map.

The other requires the train to overlap the blue marker you see on the physical tracks. This is mostly used for stops that precede a reversal instruction to avoid players stopping early, having the rear of the train foul the points and causing an instant failure of the following service.

It does require you to have the train overlapping the blue marker, though. There is a tolerance, but you don't really want to know what it defaults to. It can be extended to allow you to stop a bit before the marker. This I don't think applies to overrun if part of your train still overlaps the marker.

If you take a look at the image I've attached, you'll notice my train appears to be overlapping the marker but is not accepted. TSW considers the very front point of the train to be the wheels. While I can't change this, I hope it helps by knowing how TSW will accept a successful stop.

Attached Files:

• Helpful Helpful x 5
    • Like Like x 4
  13. Inkar

Inkar Well-Known Member

This was a very detailed and helpful explanation.
    Thanks!

Last edited: Mar 24, 2022
    • Like Like x 1