The Jubilee Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Renfe cercanias, Oct 22, 2020.

1. Renfe cercanias

Renfe cercanias Active Member

Hi . after seeing george marshal's video, i think it's written like this, i think we really need another metro route and what better than the modern jubilee line with safety and driving systems like the ATO, yes please gentlemen of dovetail, the People want to see the ATO implemented in this game, since they see that in a game like open rails it is implemented and in a game with tsw 2 technology it is not.
    Regarding the route, it seems to me a good idea to choose the jubilee line since many people want to see routes of the london underground implemented in this game.
    As for the jubilee itself, this is the route and this is the train

stanmore.jpg unnamed (2).jpg Jubilee-line-map.png 1272147_orig.jpg

• Like Like x 6
  2. muham.a.423

muham.a.423 Active Member

I really prefer this train to the older bakerloo lines' trains. These ones are really modern and new looking, which makes me want to drive it.

• Like Like x 4
  3. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

I don't really see the appeal of underground lines, but if you are going to do them I think Jubilee would be one of the best, there are interesting stations both below (Westminster, Canary Wharf) and above (Kilburn, Stratford) ground. Don't know why you'd want it post ATO though, there'd be nothing to do?

• Like Like x 2
  4. Class395

Class395 Active Member

If they do another tube line, Jubilee is the go-to IMO. I've said time and time again that the 1996 stock deserves to be in the game just for it's sound. Add to that a very interesting route with over and underground running, quite a few stations with PEDs (Platform Edge Doors) etc. There is a lot of route variants as well as not all trains go all the way to Stanmore, quite a few trains terminate at Willesden Green or Wembley Park.
    I mean, just listen to this:

PEDs at Westmister:
    [​IMG]

Full Route Map:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Renfe cercanias

[QUOTE = "Mikeboy, publicación: 194609, miembro: 20662"] Realmente no veo el atractivo de las líneas subterráneas, pero si vas a utilizarlas, creo que Jubilee sería una de las mejores, hay estaciones interesantes por debajo (Westminster, Canary Wharf) y por encima (Kilburn, Stratford) del suelo. Sin embargo, no sé por qué querrías publicar ATO, ¿no habría nada que hacer? [/ QUOTE]

with ATO all you have to do is open, close doors and press the start buttons

6. Mikeboy

Mikeboy Active Member

Well exactly, where's the gameplay?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Class395

Class395 Active Member

Where is the gameplay when the ICE is under LZB + AFB control? All you have to do is press the SIFA button every couple of seconds. Don't get me wrong, I like LZB control on the ICEs but at least with tube line you have a station every half a mile.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Renfe cercanias

[QUOTE = "Mikeboy, publicación: 194680, miembro: 20662"] Bueno, exactamente, ¿dónde está el juego? [/ QUOTE]

el juego esta en abrir y cerrar puertas y luego pulsar dos botones y controlar que nada falle , aunque si quieres conducir puedes quitar el ATO y conducir en manual

9. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

^^^ the game is to open and close doors and then press two buttons and check that nothing fails, although if you want to drive you can remove the ATO and drive in manual

• Like Like x 2
  10. ZeenozPlays

ZeenozPlays Well-Known Member

The Jubilee is a cool line, not my first choice but definitely not my last. I like the Traction Motor sound on the ‘96 Stock.

11. ZeenozPlays

You can’t. Unless you want to be forced to drive at 7-15 MPH.

12. ARuscoe

ARuscoe Well-Known Member

That was the translation of the response above mine...

13. RobSkip

RobSkip Well-Known Member

There is no such limitation in Protected Manual on the 96TS, same for all other CBTC and TBTC LU lines.

14. ZeenozPlays

From an LU Driver:

In Restricted Manual mode, the train cannot exceed 18 km/h (11 mph) and the motors automatically cut out at 16 km/h (10 mph). The ATO and ATP are both disabled and the driver operates the train entirely by sight and according to the signals. This mode is used when there has been an ATP or signal failure, or in a depot where ATP is not used

The mode no longer exists now that those lines are fully ATO. It doesn’t even exist on the master control switch, and can’t physically be selected.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  15. RobSkip

It does still exist on both stocks, portions of the Northern branches run in protected manual on Sundays (similar to the age-old Central 'manual Sundays'), manual driving on the Jubilee is less common and mostly at the TOp's discretion.

16. RobSkip

Under TBTC in PM the driver is given a target speed and target point on the TOD to drive to, it's exactly the same data used by the train itself under ATO.

17. RobSkip

ATO and ATP are generally terms used together only on the Central, which is a bit different as it still has colour light signals in part, but does also have 'regular' manual driving in Coded Manual mode.

18. ZeenozPlays

It seems that PM is used for about 3 Stations on the line on Sundays, MUST be authorized by Dispatch, and when going through Track Work Areas.

19. RobSkip

I don't know of any specified area on the Jubilee for it outside of depots (and potentially still WHD turnback siding), but yes it has to be confirmed with the line controller and used through any specified ANP areas.