The Long Beach/los Angeles Rail Transit Project Aka The Los Angeles Metro Blue Line

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TheCh3mist, Mar 13, 2018.

1. TheCh3mist

TheCh3mist New Member

Hello All,

I am very happy to be able to join the Dovetail Games community, I love the good work that is done here, and I am glad to see that the interest of Train Simulator is growing.

To start, I think that a good route for Train Sim World would be the Long Beach/Los Angeles Rail Transit Corridor, also known today as the Los Angeles Metro Blue Line.

This route would start in it's underground terminus the 7th Street Metro Center in Downtown Los Angeles, and travel south until it reaches the Port City of Long Beach, CA. This route would include famous skyscrapers in Los Angeles County, and include new features such as following real life rules regarding street running operations (stopping at red lights on Washington Blvd in Downtown Los Angeles, and Long Beach Blvd, 1st Street, Pacific Avenue and 7th Street in Long Beach, CA.) and speed limitations between surface street running and Right-of-Way Operations.

This line will also include a pocket track onto the Metro Green Line (Redondo Beach to Norwalk).

This route would also include a new feature that would allow for automatic height adjustments for panto-graphs (meaning that when the trains go underground, under overpasses, and have lower wire heights, panto-graphs would automatically adjust to the height of the wire.)

This route would come in 3 versions; the first being the original route between 7th Street Metro Center to Transit Mall, the second, being the same route with lengthened platforms to fit 3 car Light Rail Vehicle Trains, and the third, including the Expo Line (Potentially running all the way to Santa Monica. *There will be a fourth version that will include the Regional Connector running between 7th Street and Little Tokyo connecting to the existing Gold Line that runs between Azusa (later to Montclair) and East Los Angeles.

The Rolling Stock would consist of the first 54 Nippon Sharyo (P865) cars, as well as the additional 14 P2020 Cars for the second version of the route.

As time goes on, the route will have additional Light Rail Vehicles which will include the Siemens P2000, Ansaldobreda P2550, and Metro's newest Light Rail Vehicle, the P3010.

Here are some progress shots of the P865 that are being constructed for Train Simulator and Train Sim World.

I would love to hear all of your feedback.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

This feature already exists in the game; it came in with the release of Rapid Transit. An interesting proposal overall though.

3. TheCh3mist

TheCh3mist New Member

I didn't know this, do you have video, I would love to see how it's modeled in.

4. TheCh3mist

TheCh3mist New Member

I just watched the promo tape:

I'm excited, now I just have to figure out how to duplicate the pantograph feature for the LB to LA Route.