The New Big Boy/4000 Series By Smokebox, One Fantastic Locomotive.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rwaday, May 30, 2021.

1. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

Very fun and enjoyable to drive. This is so far above the previous Big Boy versions. This is by far the most detailed locomotive for any simulator. If you wish to fire and drive yourself you have that option, but you can turn off the game's auto fireman and use the provided one by clicking on the fireman's seat then you can concentrate on driving. If you want an easier way then you can use the F4 HUD to drive and use simple controls. Everyone can drive this locomotive one way or another by using any combination of the driving modes. You guys that drive steam for real will enjoy this. Those of you who just want to sit back and watch it has a auto driver feature. You can sit in the cab and watch everything work or use the external camera to watch the valve gear action. Watch the videos from the links posted. $24.99 US is more than fair for this quality of locomotive. This has the highest quality of modeling, sounds and physics. Comes in HD and an SD mode to match your systems specifications. It comes with rolling stock with slack action, loaded and unloaded weights as close to prototypical as the game will allow. At home on Wasatch Grade or Sherman Hill or as visiting power to any other route. View the manual here: https://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/...okebox_-_Big_Boy_Manual_-_EN.pdf?t=1622120549
    Youtube videos here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWcHmTMSV7mj2FDSFJBGlisiYjAHXVC-b

Last edited: May 30, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. ntypeman

ntypeman Well-Known Member

3. paweuek

paweuek Active Member

Agree! By far the best piece of modeling and software for any train simulation series! Kudos to the developer! This one is the biggest jewel in the crown of Smokebox portfolio!

• Like Like x 2
  4. dr1980

dr1980 Member

It’s absolutely incredible and a great successor to the excellent FEF-3. Anyone with even a passing interest in steam should pick this up. Even if you don’t, still pick this up, it might be what gets you into steam. That was the case for me and the FEF.

• Like Like x 1
  5. rwaday

rwaday Well-Known Member

6. JustWentSouth

JustWentSouth Well-Known Member

This locomotive is incredible! It looks and sounds great; the whistle is perfect.

More than that, it has so many prototypical functions and is a joy to drive. Read the manual and then you can easily learn how to drive it by using the loco's automatic fireman. You can then learn how to fire by using the loco's automatic engineer. For a real challenge, you can do both at the same time. I just completed my first run driving and firing and it was a blast. I was quite busy and totally consumed virtually every minute I was in the cab.

TS does not get any better than this!

• Like Like x 1