The New Tsw That’s Been Teased Is....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by rare_common_sense, Feb 20, 2018.

?
  1. Yay

100.0%
  2. Nay

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

The Northeast Corridor or a portion of it. Right off the bat, I had called it because I happened to recognize that diagram. Which is tilted a bit to the Northeast to kind of throw people off a bit.

In their Facebook page it was reveal earlier today and (giving myself away a bit), I mentioned that it was possibly the Sunnyside section (Also the Hellsgate approach).

And comparing both pics, one that DTG released and the matchup from the photo from which was mocked up by someone on Twitter that helped confirm it.

See below: 371CC860-5F22-4230-9C5C-AA3478A53F09.jpeg C07616ED-FE1F-47E1-913B-979910DC3983.jpeg

So, there you have it folks. Northeast corridor or a portion of it, is the next TSW offering.

• Like Like x 1
  2. agsieg

agsieg New Member

An interesting bit of detective work there. A quick survey of Google Maps also provides evidence to the portion not covered in the existing 2D map, as the tracks in the area line up pretty much perfectly with the map.

As a couple of side notes, I think "portion" in your best bet. The full Northeast Corridor is something on the order of 300+ miles (give or take, I don't know for sure), and would involve not only the existing DTG licenses for Amtrak, NJT, and MetroNorth, but would also require (at minimum) licenses for LIRR, MBTA, SEPTA, and MARC, which would be a tall order. And that's just for commuters. While DTG has agreements with CSX and NS, the major players on the NEC, but would also need licenses for Providence and Worcester and the New York and Atlantic Railways for the full effect. Through in various Light Rail operation through out, and we'd be lucky to have it out before 2030. In addition, remaking the area around New York Penn would make sense right now, at DTG is already familiar with it, which could conceivably cut down on development time.

The other thing I want to point out is that this seems to point to an LIRR route, which has been heavily requested by the community. And in the past, DTG have announced agreements with highly requested companies (see SNCF and Virgin). While they obviously could be playing it close to the chest, it seems odd that they wouldn't have thrown the American audience a bone with that.

All that being said, I'm of course excited to see what route it ends up being, but I wouldn't be surprised if this little map tidbit was a red herring, and it's something else entirely.

• Like Like x 2
  3. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Isn't this on the wrong forum?