The Pacific Surfliner,metrolink & Coaster Las Angeles Union Station

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xpert2036, Jun 25, 2020.

1. xpert2036

xpert2036 Guest

The pacific surfliner is 351 miles of track.There is Coaster service & metrolink service.The metrolink trains consist of Mp36 reskin along with the bombardier,The F40ph reskin,The F59phi reskin of the amtrak one,The F50ph.The coaster rail has The F59phi reskin,The F59phi reskin from amtrak,The bombardier reskin,The pacific sufliner is made up of the F59phi,cab car & the P42dc.The metrolink line goes too Los angeles too san diego.Along with coaster & amtrak at there terminus station San diego.Coaster goes too oceanside also.For union pacific there is the SD70ACE,AC4000w csx reskin.Becaus eyou can license your things only in the us for BNSF there could be Up though it doesn't run on this route.The info I got may be INACCURATE.THERE ARE MANY RAILROAD"S THAT RUN ON THIS ROUTE .BNSF LICENSING IS ONLY IN THE US SO PEOPLE IN THE UK CAN"T GET THIS ROUTE

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
  2. jedi247

jedi247 Well-Known Member

BNSF is a must for TSW2. UP would be great, too. If made, I think the Pacific Surfliner needs a BNSF ET44C4 for heavy freight, a BNSF GP60, Genset, or GP38-2 for switching, and an SC44 Charger in Amtrak, Coaster, and Pacific Surfliner liveries. A UP ET44AC, SD70ACe-T4, or SD70ACe, along with a Genset, GP38-2, or GP60 could be added or included instead of the BNSF locos.

• Like Like x 2
  3. grdaniel48

grdaniel48 Well-Known Member

Hi Xpert
    I agree with you about having the Surfliner on TSW 2!
    I remember there was a fantastic route made for Train Simulator by a special group dedicated only to it! It was payware but it was really worth it!
    Furthermore I had the chance to ride on this incredible route! Even I did not live on the US.
    It was in 1994! With the FP40H and the amfleet passenger cars and cab car!
    I was relative near of L.A. and as I love trains, I went to San Diego, in order to visit the city, just for the day! So it was a round trip.
    Even I did not start at LA Union Station. I board the train at Van Nuys station.
    But I did not know how the route was about. After passing the suburbs of LA , I loved the spanish style architecture of some of the stations.
    So when I noticed we were riding just in front of the beach, I couldn't believe it! People must cross the rails in order to go from their houses to the beach! Unforgettable experience!

As to Metrolink trains, the Hyundai ones does not like it very much, about its design! I prefer the previous white and blue line ones.
    But do you know, there are new locomotives arriving on Metrolink and Amtrak trains there?

Surfliner Siemens Charger 44:

Amtrak Siemens Charger SC44.jpg

Metrolink Progress Rail F125

Metrolink Progress Rail F1254.jpg

It would be great to have these new locomotives and passenger wagons, on TSW 2!

The Siemens one, it is being used for Amtrak on other routes, and they are also testing it for long distance trains, in replace of the GE P42DCs. So if DTG make it, could use the design for several routes, just changing the paint scheme.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 2