1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Tōkaidō-shinkansen Line From Shizuoka To Odawara (+view To Mt.fuji)

Discussion in 'Route Suggestions & Proposals' started by aDoge, May 10, 2019.

1. aDoge

aDoge Member

The Tōkaidō-Shinkansen line from Shizuoka to Odawara

[​IMG]

1.The line

The Tōkaidō-Shinkansen line from Shizouka to Odawara is part of the Central Japan Railway network.The part of the line from Shizouka to Odawara is 91km long and was opened in 1964.

[​IMG]

2.Stations

There are 5 Stations on this Route:

[​IMG]

All of them are stops of the Shinkansen.

3.Trains

The trains used on this line are the N700 and the N700A Series (Which are almost the same trains).
    Max.Speed:285 km/h

[​IMG]

4.Speed limit

According to ORM, the speed limit for the part from Shizouka to Odawara for the Shinkansen is 270 km/h.

[​IMG]

5.Scenery

The scenery from the high speed line is really great and i would really love to finally see an asian map in TSW so im really counting on you guys!

Timestamps:
    0:50 - Shinkansens passing trough Odawara station
    6:00 Shinkansen stopping at Odawara Station
    9:55 - View to mt.Fuji (night)

(Mt.Fuji at daytime)

That's it!

If you have any suggestions for this route let me know in the comments and please upvote if you liked my suggestion!

Last edited: May 24, 2019
    • Like Like x 15
  2. jamesbaby286

jamesbaby286 Active Member

Wonderful proposal. It is certainly the most famous section of track in Japan. I would say almost all train fans have seen a photo of a Shinkansen from that stretch of track with clear views of Mt Fuji.

Some people might say that the length is too long based on the current route lengths in TSW, but DTG has said the main limiting factor in route length is the time it takes to model high detail locations such as the stations and/or yards along a route. So the more stations/yards that will mean a shorter possible route length, based on time invested vs monetary return. This route only has a few stations so therefore the route length can be longer without having to split it up. I think the length of this proposal is achievable.

• Like Like x 2
  3. aDoge

aDoge Member

Thank you for your feedback James!

Well,i hope so.I would really love to see this route as a new dlc of the game!