The West Coast’s Mighty Steed: Comment Section

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 52_Western, Feb 21, 2018.

1. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

• Like Like x 1
  2. 52_Western

52_Western Active Member

I would like to know if the new reworked 390 Pendolino will be an update to the existing one, and if yes, if it will only ADD the Virgin Trains livery, not replace the old fictional Intercity Swallow, Crimson Lake and Navy & Orange liveries. If anyone knows, please post it here. :)

3. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

I don't see what incentive for DTG to push it out for free since it involves a lot of work to update the train but I still hope it is a free update. After all, the reworked 390 can be considered as a 'new' train with many functions that lack in the old trains like the headlight option, cab lights, instrument light etc. Also, I hope that DTG can rework other old trains like the class 450 and 444.

4. davejc64

davejc64 Well-Known Member

Recycling old stuff how very environmentally friendly.

5. SamYeager270

SamYeager270 Well-Known Member

In the blurb about the all singing replacement train-simulator.com I thought there was a bit about articles linking to an associated comment thread on the forum. There's certainly no link from the article that I can see and whilst I'm grateful to 52_Western for creating the thread I'm surprised DTG staff didn't do that.

As far as the Pendolino is concerned it would certainly be nice to hear more details about what "reworked" involves as mentioned above..

6. Corvan

Corvan Well-Known Member

7. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I agree on the 444 and 450. Especially with a passenger view. But if they must do it, and I hope they do, it needs to come with a route based out of Waterloo. I'd like to see that station in TS. Not in any way familiar with the Trains, nor the route. Heck, never even been to the UK. But I have a liking to a lot of the EMU's and a number of routes I'd be willing to drive on.

8. Slenderman_HKRES

Slenderman_HKRES Member

This sounds like an exaggeration but I do think they need a major overhaul on those trains and routes that have been released before 2013, it is not about money, but the simulation experience!!

I had bought the Class 67 Diamond Jubilee Loco add-on during the lunar sales but I had opt for the refund after just 5 minutes, I was fairly disappointed with it, especially the braking, which is far from what in the real life or the DB Schenker 67 i own, which is really bad despite the Jubilee one is very cheap.

9. rare_common_sense

rare_common_sense Well-Known Member

I agree.. I'd love to see it happen.