PC There And Back - Br143 Died And Would Not Move

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by paul.pavlinovich, Sep 14, 2021.

Tags:
  1. paul.pavlinovich

paul.pavlinovich Well-Known Member

Tonight I tried to run There and Back - mainly because old mate conniethunder reported an issue and I wanted to give it a try - well I got an issue too, a different one.

I made it ok to Coswig, I had PZB and Sifa turned on. I followed all the scenario directions to change cabs but left PZB and Sifa on. I got the BR143 moving ok but then it mysteriously stopped. I could not release the brakes. On a hunch I went back to the other cab in the 766.2 and sure enough PZB triggered in the other cab and stopped the train. I turned off PZB and Sifa and cleared the alarms then headed back to the BR143. I was able to release the brakes but could not make the train move no matter what I tried. This was very frustrating - especially since it was live on stream - I'm sure the viewers got a giggle out of it :). To make up the remaining time I jumped into the Tow the Line scenario where I had the gratification of pulling a set of 413's away to be be scrapped (we all know that's what stored means don't we?)... You can see the whole sad and sorry saga on the recorded stream. Start when I change ends at Coswig - hopefully this is something that can be fixed given the safety systems should be on ALL the time in both cabs.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
  2. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

This is the next one (and last one) on my list to have completed the tutorials and scenarios.
    I think I'll be chancing the Save option every 15mins or so, just to see if that can get me to the end.
    I'll probably end up with a stuck Red light - that's what normally happens when I use the Save feature! :)

• Like Like x 1
  3. breblimator

breblimator Guest

I haven't had a problem with any of the scenarios yet (the one mentioned, I already completed). The only thing I can advise you: be very precise. Do not do more than the indicated objectives. Don't do anything beforehand just because you have a habit. One by one, according to the instructions :) BR o7

EDIT Of course, it happens that scenarios in TSW are bugged. I'm not saying you did something wrong.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 14, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  4. gibsonaj1

gibsonaj1 Active Member

Did the exact same thing to me . I'm one Xbox one s so it's seems to be a problem across all platforms. It's so annoying if it's a known problem yet it's never been fixed then added as a loco in a new route. If this keeps happening I'll have to seriously consider not buying anymore new stuff from Dovetail.

• Like Like x 2
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  5. conniethunder

conniethunder Well-Known Member

I've just this minute managed to finish it second time around. This was a real tester for a commuter run! :)
    With training and scenarios out of the way, I can now pick some shorter timetable ones.
    I'm also waiting on the last of rush hour and if these bugs aren't fixed soon after, then I'll be spending my money much more wisely with DTG in the future. :(

• Like Like x 2
  6. DominusEdwardius

DominusEdwardius Well-Known Member

I can spot the error you made, when you went back to shut the PZB up on the Dosto, you left the saloon door open on the coaches (48 minutes and 43 seconds). You can tell that it was that as when you got back to the loco the T door interlock light was not illuminated. Since the door interlock wasn't made you wouldn't be able to take power.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. paul.pavlinovich

Hey thanks!! Amazing you spotted that, I'm going to go back and give it anther go - thanks!

8. paul.pavlinovich

DominusEdwardius it worked! Thank you - driving along in the BR143 no drama after that little tip. I'll stream it again tomorrow night and see if I manage to publicly stuff it up in some other creative way :)