PC Things Are Looking Rather Empty On The Bakerloo Line Passenger Wise

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by WonterRail, Jun 14, 2022.

1. WonterRail

WonterRail Well-Known Member

This has been a thing since the Bakerloo Line got the Rush Hour passenger update last year, and I don't know what that update did to this route, but all of a sudden, the route is feeling a whole lot emptier. Which is ironic as the whole point of giving a route the Rush Hour passenger is to increase the amount of passengers at any time on any route.

So what I've first noticed is that nowadays, every trains arrives completely empty into any station on this route, regardless of where you are. There is the first example of a northbound service arriving into Queen's Park at 8:08 with no passengers onboard.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So as you see, not a passenger to be seen on this train here, and this isn't a one time occurance. Here is another northbound service arriving a few minutes later, again with nobody onboard.
    [​IMG]
    ...and moving to the southbound platform, where you see the same thing occur.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Again, not a soul to be seen on any of these trains, and this is a thing also on the 1938 Stock timetable, as seen again below with two northbound services arriving into Queen's Park again.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So we've already established that any train arriving into any station on the Bakerloo Line now has no passengers anywhere to be seen on the train. But this might be as a result of how passengers now behave on this route, something that I discovered when I did a recent passenger ride from Elephant & Castle to Harrow & Wealdstone, and this is something that really destroys this routes as nowadays, a train is never able to completely fill up with passengers, for reasons that you will now see.

So firstly, here's a train arriving into Charing Cross with no passengers onboard.
    [​IMG]
    Train fills up with a decent amount of passengers...
    [​IMG]
    ...but then they all get off it at the next station, Piccadilly Circus.
    [​IMG]
    This is one coach down from the one we where just in, which has one passenger onboard after Piccadilly Circus.
    [​IMG]
    That passenger gets off at Oxford Circus (the next stop) and two more passengers get on at the same time.
    [​IMG]
    Those two passengers would get off at the next stop, Regent's Park and the cycle then repeats itself again and again and again and again.

What I'm trying to say here is that passengers on the Bakerloo Line seemily only travel one stop before getting off again, no passenger ever travels more than one stop on this route nowadays, and as a result, trains don't ever get anywhere near full nowadays and even if by chance it fills up with a decent amount, they all just get off at the next stop anyways. This also is a thing in the rare instant that a train does arrive into a station with a full load of passengers (usually as the first one after you have spawned in the route at whatever station you chose) as all those passenger just get off the train the moment it arrives into that station, regardless of whether it's a terminating service or whether it's a station along it;s journey.

All of this is something that needs to be addressed as, for a route that is suppose to be a busy underground line, and one that is getting a big timetable expansion, it's an issue that completely destroys the route to just see trains pull up with nobody in them and see passengers travel no further than the next stop after they have gotten on the train.

• Like Like x 4
  2. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

I've noticed this on a lot of other routes, not just Bakerloo. One thing I have noticed is that rush hour passengers are not arriving on the platform early enough. Sometimes they are there early enough, but most of the time, they are just going through the entrance when I am about to stop at the station. That may be a big factor, but yeah I totally agree. I think rush hour passengers need to get another big upgrade in this year's core update

• Like Like x 2
  3. hyperlord

hyperlord Well-Known Member

Yes can confirm that. Passengers are totally strange recently, I observed similar behavior like OP discribes on German routes, too

• Like Like x 3
  4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

Passenger behaviour is totally broken. I think Rush Hour makes it worse. I have observed the following on most routes (PS5), Rush Hour enabled or not…
    All or most passengers getting off at the first stop on a service the player drives.
    When trains have a return trip from a terminus station, passengers load when the doors are opened on the incoming service and then all get off again when the doors open for the departing service.

• Like Like x 3
  5. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

It's similar on London Commuter, if you're driving a service that stops or terminates at Gatwick Airport every passenger gets off and none then board and any stop after Gatwick no one else boards so you're driving empty trains for half the route.

Edit:This is on PS5

• Like Like x 2
  6. AtherianKing

AtherianKing Well-Known Member

I found a similar lack of passengers at Aachen HBf just the other day, the station was quite empty (not one) when I arrived with an empty 406 (probably all departed at Köln instead of boarding)

I thought maybe they had boarded a dostos which was there at the time but that was empty too

non seemed to show up during boarding to Brussels neither so they weren’t late arrivals

I don’t recall specific time but it was light so most likely around midday so not a middle of the night thing

Xbox series X

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CrazyDash

CrazyDash Well-Known Member

Have also noticed that