Things That Should Be In Game That Still Aren't

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by NSMotherSlug#881, Feb 22, 2020.

1. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

This is my Top 20 List of things that still need to be in game or should have already been in game after 3 years.These are my top 20 reasons why I stopped playing TSW because it's all about DLC than Listening to us player's on what WE want instead.3 Years and Still NO Route Editor we all seen you shown it or Mulitplayer both will never show up in game DTG has shown there true color's with over priced DLC like the new CN Route $30 for reused rolling stock and a 24 mile route 1 New Locomotive which is worth $15 at the most and doesn't even have the proper start up.What a Joke

1.Route Editor
    2.Mulitplayer
    3.Longer Routes
    4.Mod Support
    5.Working Hump Yards with Working Brake Retarders
    6.Freight cars that Actually Roll down hill instead of brakes automatically apply when uncoupled on hills
    7.Automobiles traffic on all roads around tracks driving around and boats
    8.Automobile traffic that Actually drives over tracks at railroad crossings
    9.Brighter Locomotive Head Lights that are more Narrow for Distance than Wider close range
    10.In Locomotive Cab Atmosphere theirs No reason to use Heaters or AC unit
    11.Planes or Jets flying in the sky even vapor trail's
    12.Wild Life deer bear ect.
    13.Sandjacks & Fuel stations should be on every route and work
    14.Free Roam on all routes like TS2020
    15.Real Working Railroad Crossing Gates and Sounds that work Not just stay down always
    16.Locomotive problems maybe fire or smoke when pushed to hard or used wrongly
    17.Better Locomotive Physics SD40-2 on flat rails can pull 60 cars in real life in game can't even pull 38 cars
    18.Better Services than the Lazy Point A to point B runs with NO stopping all green signals
    19.Realistic Atmosphere more people out and about makes a world that's alive unlike Ghost Towns we see
    20. Cargo in Freight cars like Auto Racks & Boxcars

TSW should have been called Passenger Train Sim World do to all the Passenger DLC routes.How many routes can you find in the DLC's that are just Freight only.

If the New CN Subdivion Route is any indication on route sizes for Freight I guess well never get Bailey Yard Golden Spike North Platte, Nebraska !

• Like Like x 14
  2. Gabe_1.0

Gabe_1.0 Well-Known Member

TS2020 has no freeroam and TSW has freeroam (sort of) just complete a short scenario and feel free to walk around or catch the train to a station on the map

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jovet

Jovet New Member

North Platte is awesome.

• Like Like x 3
  4. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Great post. I would also like to see information sheets about the train you are pulling, number of cars, how many loads/empties, total weight in tonnage, and train length.

I would like to see some kind of virtual conductor, even if it isn't animated. Some kind of info giving you how far you are to coupling up to your consist or where to spot cars etc, being able to view this information from the cab. Doing both the role of engineer and conductor just isn't realistic in my opinion, at least for US railroading.

Although the railroads are pushing for one man crews so maybe this is what it will be like at some point???

• Like Like x 6
  5. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

Majority of Rail travel is passenger the figures are there; maybe not in the US but in the rest of the world, more people do rail between EU cities than drive and freight. I probably see maybe 5 or 6 freight trains a day here in London / UK and i’ve travelled all over UK and EU.

In terms of World we’re missing a lot of it, there’s been a healthy balance of other countries and their rail in TS2020, id like to see more focus on TSW as TS2020 is dated now.

• Like Like x 1
  6. TSW was initially released for PC. When DTG decided on the multi-platform (and also for the simultaneous publication of the add-ons), they worked hard to achieve this.
    This means that if you want to achieve a goal, the only way to achieve it is through work and will. In the absence of these two simple and fundamental components (as happens for the objectives that each of us sets in life) the goals will never be achieved.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

In a short simple statement:

I'd love to know that these features ARE in the works and that they are working towards longer routes and more branch lines, as that can offer so much with Passenger and Freight, why separate the two?

• Like Like x 2
  8. adrian.thompson7

adrian.thompson7 New Member

• Like Like x 1
  9. adrian.thompson7

adrian.thompson7 New Member

A working save function

• Like Like x 2
  10. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Don't forget working on board departure/arrival announcements on passenger trains and live announcements as well as working information displays on stations:)

• Like Like x 2
  11. londonmidland

londonmidland Well-Known Member

I think the next implementation within the next core update will be variable adhesion. Followed by working passenger information displays after.

• Like Like x 1
  12. LT586

LT586 Well-Known Member

All these patches, just make a whole platform at the start. Ever since Steam, all this patching. Making everyones disc space smaller and smaller due to the ever increasing size of the core program not counting DLC as well.

• Like Like x 1
  13. 7orenz

7orenz Well-Known Member

21. A 2030-2040 high performance PC for all the TS/TSW users :)

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rob39

Rob39 Well-Known Member

This! Across all platforms without the need for someone tinkering with files.

• Like Like x 4
  15. niveous

niveous Member

For North American routes, working angle cocks and the ability to drain the air from the cars. This would make switching a little bit more enjoyable with the prescribed way to switch we have currently. Also would allow for the ability to fully simulate a Class 1 brake test before departure. Let's not forget kicking and humping cars as well.

The ability to hang the EOT would be great too.

• Like Like x 8
  16. mrchuck

mrchuck Well-Known Member

Some rail traffic for the Lirr Route like the M3 Locomotive or the Dual mode diesel locomotives.

• Like Like x 4
  17. StratPlayer62

StratPlayer62 Well-Known Member

Very good ideas!

• Like Like x 6
  18. NSMotherSlug#881

NSMotherSlug#881 Active Member

Oh I know North Platte is awesome with it's double Hump Yards but lets face it DTG making that route in game right now would be horrible given when you play CSX HH and your in Cumberland Yard in a mission there is only up to 200cars around counting your train that has 80 cars on it and a big yard with No freight cars around mainly Ghost town yard,and Cumberland yard only has an 8 track receiving yard, a 33 track Hump Classification Yard and the game struggles to even play that when there are No freight cars in the Yard at all.North Platte Bailey Yard is over 8 miles (13 km) in length and 2 miles (3.2 km) wide. The yard has 200 separate tracks totaling 315 miles (507 km) of track, 985 switches, 766 turnouts,2 and 17 receiving and 16 departure tracks which would probably crash your game.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Jovet

Jovet New Member

I believe the context of my comment was in regard to locations for actual rail-fanning. I would revel in having a Nebraska-based route, but something like Crawford or Council Bluffs/Omaha would be more enthralling and (as you point out) less technically demanding.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Juxen

Juxen Well-Known Member

I've been rather disappointed by the lack of this, especially because it would be relatively easy to do. Press "E" between just-coupled cars, and the air hose connects. Check the angle "things" on all the cars that you just coupled into. Then look at the angle "thing" on the car at the joint, and it is a slider. Open it too quickly, you blow the air on the whole train.

When uncoupling, close the angle, tie a few handbrakes, pull the pin, and pull away, letting the air blow on the cut of cars you just left.

I can dream. At least Run 8 lets me do most of this process.

E: Thanks, autocorrect. Can't talk about technical terms here.

• Like Like x 1
  21. Oo7 BELL 7oO

Oo7 BELL 7oO Active Member

Mostly everything mentioned here is going to be in TSW2

• Like Like x 1
  22. DTG Protagonist

DTG Protagonist Has left the building Staff Member

You may want to double check your sources...

• Like Like x 2