This Is Not A Suggestion, This Is A Question

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Tony Mojica, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Tony Mojica

Tony Mojica New Member

In ur opinion what is the best route to buy, I’m currently new to TSW 2020 and I want to buy the best route! Thank you for your answer and give detail please.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

Hi,
    What sort of trains are you interested in?

• Like Like x 1
  3. TrainSim_Fan

TrainSim_Fan Well-Known Member

Hi, if your like UK routes then East Coastway is probably the best bet for you, it features a range scenery and services with a diverse timetable.
    If you like American Commuter routes then LIRR is probably the best bet, although the route lacks in some areas especially when considering the timetable.
    If you like German regional routes then I would suggest Main Spessart Bahn, it features a range of services and diverse scenery.
    If you like German Commuter routes then Rhien Ruhr Osten is best for you.

Routes to avoid:
    • Haupstrecke Rhien Ruhr, it's far too short and a pure RIP off.

• Like Like x 3
  4. TrainSim_Fan

Forgot to mention if you like freight then if your on PC purchase CSX. If your on a console then purchase CN, although I feel the route lacks severely in diversity.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Mkdog45

Mkdog45 Well-Known Member

My favourite route on TSW currently is Hauptstrecke Rhein Ruhr or East Coastway. Oakville Subdivision is also a good route but im not a fan of freight but it is for those who like freight..
    Recommend:
    Hauptsrecke Rhein Ruhr
    East Coastway
    Rhein Ruhr Osten
    Oakville Subdivision.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Tony Mojica

Tony Mojica New Member

Any

• Like Like x 1
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  7. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

Well, imo, the Peninsula Corridor is ur best bet since it’s the longest route on consoles, also has some variety if u have or will get the baby bullet add on (the MP15 would be an extra loco as well but I’m afraid there’s not a lot of services on the mainline, unless ur really into switching), which also mixes freight and passenger on one great route. It’s also one of the most accurate routes (although, I guess all routes are accurate, in my opinion this is the most based on length). It also has a great service variety and there’s a decent amount of services in the route, so, if you really want a new route, I would recommend this one. :)

• Like Like x 4
  8. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

Definitely Peninsula Corridor or LIRR those are my two favorites. I’m sure you will enjoy them too.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Tony Mojica

Tony Mojica New Member

I’m thinking of the peninsula corridor but, is the North East corridor fun?

• Like Like x 2
  10. TrainSim_Fan

NEC is ok but I suggest Penisula Corridor, it's a lot more diverse when it comes to services and scenery. I suggest for your first loco to purchase the Baby Bullet it adds even more diversity to Penisula Corridor.

• Like Like x 1
  11. MetrolinkF125#916

MetrolinkF125#916 Well-Known Member

NEC, well, there’s a lot of bugs in the route, not to mention a lesser service variety in it, and freight operations are, well...limited. U can’t go driving a train on the mainline that much, u can only go to Fresh pond jct., as for passenger variety there’s not a lot I must say, just the same old services repeated. With the peninsula corridor, according to real life Caltrain operations, does offer more variety in services, the 200-300 “baby bullet” and “limited stop” services really offer more variety as well as more stations, so u almost never know where ur gonna stop. Plus, peninsula corridor is longer than NEC.;)

• Helpful Helpful x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. npalmer405

npalmer405 Member

The North East Corridor is fun but they did a bad job on the map. Only buy the North East Corridor if it’s on sale for more than 50% off. The map is not that bad though. Just I thought they could have done better. I still play on the NEC all the time and it’s great fun. The locomotives are great. I recommend the dlc but it’s not the best.

• Like Like x 2
  13. samuelbrookes1

samuelbrookes1 Active Member

I would recommend east coastway, or wait until TSW2.

• Like Like x 1