This Is Ridiculous...

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by ben#4046, Oct 28, 2022.

1. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

2nd journey on the route in a row this has happened. This is a real issue now that needs looking at on this route. It happens almost the same position each time. It's happened in two consecutive runs. On London Commuter rush hour. Please fix this broken route!!! The two journeys are Chapter 5 1A29 and 1M15 both London to Victoria both break right at the end of the journey approaching the final station after an hour + of travel. I've done the former journey twice, happens, same position. Please fix this game breaking bug. I now suspect all journeys like this will crash at the last section given my recent experience. Can anyone else please verify if they are struggling with this issue?? Thanks in advance

Last edited: Oct 28, 2022
  2. Jay1986

Jay1986 Well-Known Member

This one example why I like to save my game every 10-15mins now.

• Like Like x 4
  3. kennyjamesscott

kennyjamesscott Well-Known Member

What happens?

4. phillip.good

phillip.good Well-Known Member

Er…. Great…. What happens?

Titling stuff as ‘this is ridiculous’ and then saying ‘it happens’ will not help get your ‘bug’ fixed.

There is a process for submitting crashes, if that’s the problem. The thread is on the forum.

There is the technical section of the forum where you can write a full narrative of what, when, where etc and DTG Alex will collect it and ask the team to investigate.

There is also the service ticket system to submit a ticket to the service desk.

Try one of these options maybe?

• Like Like x 9
  5. keith_gilham

keith_gilham Active Member

I’ve been sending tickets since I bought this absolute disgrace of a dlc…. 2nd route in red light preventing finishing the scenerio!!!! There has been no [removed - JD - language] given buy anyone at dtg!! All they are missing are masks horseshoe curve red lights unplayable Boston ha o look red lights spirit of steam invisible red lights tickets and reports sent for all…. Absolutely nothing been done about them

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 10, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  6. rennekton#1349

rennekton#1349 Well-Known Member

Dtg are prioritizing red light issues, save game and derailing. Since the issues are complex, it's going to take a while and we're just going to have to wait I'm afraid.

In terms of Boston specifically, Brandon, who did all the track work and signaling has been working on it in his free time. He made a lot of progress but still has a ton of more work to do. He still has to talk to dtg and get approval and get a release slot.

But for other red light issues, it's a case by case, route by route basis starting with Harlem line and rush hour routes

• Like Like x 2
  7. DTG JD

DTG JD Director of Community Staff Member

Hi Ben - sorry you're experiencing issues.

Can I check, is this a game crash or a red light issue?

• Like Like x 3
  8. antony.henley

antony.henley Well-Known Member

I'll have a look over the next few days.
    What Playstation is it? PS4, PS4 Pro or PS5 (PS5 disc or digital)
    What version of TSW is it? ( if its TSW 2 I cant help as I deleted it off the system.)
    You have to give us more info so we know what to look for work on.

ben#4046
    I just ran 1A29 in Journey mode on TSW 3 on the PS5 with no issue. If you are running on the PS4 version and if its not a red light issue but you just crashed to the playstation submit report page. I did notice even on the my PS5 the framerate did drop to around 28fps just before entering London Victoria on 1A29 , So even my PS5 was struggling. I haven't tested the other one out but will do later.

Cheers
    Hentis

Last edited: Nov 10, 2022
  9. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Hi as mentioned it happened before the last station Victoria at the point of turning the final corner I successfully finished this route by saving at the previous station and reloading the game from that point. From what I was able to understand it is an issue with a train departing from Victoria that departs from the same platform I arrive at. When I reloaded it from the previous station I noticed it departs but when running in one go it doesn't trigger the departing train if that makes sense...It happened three times in a row on this route on ps4 so I think it's worth looking into. I reinstalled the game and defragged ps4 so pretty sure that's not it.

10. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Sorry for the delayed response hope this information is helpful in terms of error report?

11. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Apologies for my reaction but it is a very frustrating issue as it happens as mentioned right at the end of the route. I will try to be mindful of my wording for future posts.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

Thank you for the response.

13. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

JD it is a crashing issue not red light. Thanks

14. keith_gilham

JD it’s an issue that no one at dtg cares about!

since we bought the dlc and it’s now our problem…

are you not even slightly bothered about releasing broken products ?? Wait why am I even asking…

• Like Like x 2
  15. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

If they didn’t care they wouldn’t ask for bug reports…

• Like Like x 2
  16. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I just care that it is acknowledged and a suitable response can be made. I appreciate they are very busy. I do feel as though this is a fairly important issue given that it effects potentially all services on this route that travel in this direction long distance. The fact it has happened on two separate services traveling this route suggests it's not just isolated to the one service. Ok I'll leave it with you

• Like Like x 1
  17. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

And take no bloody notice. Bug reports are only good if acted upon. DTG have proven the don't care

• Like Like x 4
  18. pveezy

pveezy Well-Known Member

Well to be fair it’s not like they don’t fix bugs. They just do it randomly and not with much obvious logic. Some things will get fixed like a week after it’s reported. Other glaring issues sit for 1 yr plus without getting touched.

• Like Like x 1
  19. antony.henley

Bug reports get logged and acted upon.
    Just because they are not done at the click of your fingers does not mean they are not looked at.

Hentis

• Like Like x 4
  20. keith_gilham

They are looked at… and ignored!!

• Like Like x 2
  21. keith_gilham

I’m sorry I disagree massively… they ask for big reports and do nothing!! The initial ticket I sent in about horse shoe for instance “yes we know sorry can you play timetable?” No that’s the same!!! I’d like some form of feed back or frankly anything to show that other than telling us “passengers now have umbrellas” that the game that we have all paid money for bloody works!!!

• Like Like x 3
  22. DTG JD

Okay, thank you. We're aware there are some challenges with Victoria station on London Commuter with performance, and they're on our list to investigate. Can I ask if this is TSW2 or TSW3 you're having this issue on, please?

• Like Like x 1
  23. keith_gilham

because it’s it tsw2 we can ignore your message and put a new Instagram tweet up about the passenger umbrellas instead

• Like Like x 1
  24. DTG JD

This isn't constructive. I understand your frustration, but please do not derail the thread.

• Like Like x 4
    • Helpful Helpful x 2
  25. keith_gilham

If you understand my frustration why has nothing been fixed then?

• Like Like x 2
  26. guardupfront

guardupfront Active Member

I won't say what I really want to say... but what I will say is that this is not an acceptable way to speak to someone because you're unhappy with the game, no matter how frustrated you may be.
    It's rude, childish and it does nothing to help your case apart from highlighting that you don't understand the mechanisms behind the scenes to put a game like this together.

Nothing is a simple fix in gaming as one thing fixed may end up breaking another thing. That's why they want to gather as much information as possible to help them recreate it and solve it, so it'd be in your best interests to engage with them and help them so they can help you.

If you're not happy with it, vote with your wallet but unless you think JD is going to personally bugfix for you on the spot then I think you need to tone it down.

• Like Like x 15
  27. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

I d just like to say having initiated this thread I appreciate my title was somewhat inflammatory it was written in a state of in my opinion justified frustration although in hindsight I could have taken a more constructive approach as it appears to have caused a little conflict. I would like to say I support Dovetail and really appreciate on the whole this fantastic evolution of a simulated game and understand it's not just a case of things getting fixed straight away. These things take time. I do appreciate though however the responses from representatives of the company? Hopefully this issue will get resolved fairly soon as id imagine it's now very much on the radar?? Given that it's an issue I gather is also effecting the third iteration also without the opportunity for dare I say a reliable saving option? (though I haven't tested this personally) so thus rendering the route not able to be finished on some runs??(please feel free to correct me on this point if I'm wrong?) Id like to say on a more positive note however I love what DT has done with Tsw3! On the whole this is fantastic, much better streamlined interface, experience(rendering fps/motion blur etc...) and fantastic route detail especially in Cajon Pass. I will continue to support DT as I believe they do some fantastic work overall and are clearly passionate about what they do. Nothing is perfect.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
  28. ben#4046

ben#4046 Active Member

hi in response JD it was occurring on TSW 2 on ps4. Not sure about 3 as I haven't tested it yet sorry. Thanks for the response.

29. DTG JD

Okay, thank you.

• Like Like x 1
  30. antony.henley

But as you said above if they are looked at it then surely they haven't ignored it?
    Just because its a specific bug for you again doesn't mean that you can click your fingers and expect it to be patched and personally sent to you. It takes time to replicate and investigate and fix and that's after other bugs are dealt with.

Hentis

• Like Like x 3
  31. marcsharp2

marcsharp2 Well-Known Member

The way things are fixed can be frustrating, for instance the DSD on the 313 still has no audio despite it being an "easy fix" for a year. But they don't do it on purpose, if they didn't fix things or ignored them then no one would buy the games and they'd be out of a job. We aren't privy to ins and outs of what goes on within the team (rightly so) but I imagine they get frustrated at fixing one thing results in two other things getting bugged.

32. keith_gilham

unfortunately I have voted with my wallet as you say… having dlc that isn’t useable was the result… thanks very much for your input which frankly wasn’t needed you are correct I don’t understand the programming mechanisms of the game that’s why I don’t work in the gaming/programming industry… but I’d like to think the Company that does would have a fair clue how to test and release a game?? Maybe that’s asking to much… as I have already said with all the rushed out dlc and now they want people to buy tsw3 for a inflated price? I don’t think so.. only yesterday the game updated and the second it does it now tells me yet again I don’t have the correct version of the game to play the San Francisco route…. So that’s the baby bullet dlc and the alco shunter also unavailable… along with the route it’s self gone and the store telling me I can buy it again? Also no I don’t expect jd to click his fingers and personally bug fix my issues which by the way isn’t just my issue it’s most peoples … but how long then do you is acceptable to wait reasonably for a fix? Or at least an update on a fix??? Having played many online based games I know full well never play on update day but knowing the fix is on the way is a massive step isn’t it?? Just asking as I sent a ticket in about london to Brighton red light issue almost an hour after I bought it ??? When was that released?? And horse shoe with it can’t even turn a wheel and the massive frame rate issue ?? Would you not be a little miffed? I have been polite My patience is indeed wearing thin there’s no communication back about what they are doing is there?? If you went out and bought a new car and it turned up with only 3 gears would you expect to pay full price ? No you’d expect it to be fixed !!! By the way I’m not sure how to talk to someone rudely in a text base forum… it’s how you read it that it’s interpreted

33. theorganist

theorganist Well-Known Member

Look at your post on the 9th of November that might give you an idea!

34. monstamash#2327

monstamash#2327 Member

This is a fantastic game. It would be nice if they stopped adding new content and fix the existing routes. I think that's one of the biggest gripes people have. Nothing gets fixed, or takes a long while to fix. Meanwhile, new content is constantly being released. But, I understand that would hurt profit. Catch 22.

• Like Like x 1
  35. ApollonJustice

ApollonJustice Well-Known Member

Me too.

36. keith_gilham

Ahh the post that was edited you mean? Hmm yes I did mention someone taking the absolute Micky about the topic and the fact I was concerned that they gave not one care in world since accepting payment And so far I haven’t seen any proof of the opposite but as you can’t “say what your thinking ” I’m sure you know better

37. marcsharp2

Here's three examples mate. Oh and calling someone a thief is rude in any context Screenshot_20221124_034204.jpg

• Like Like x 3
    • Helpful Helpful x 1
  38. keith_gilham

actually I didn’t call someone a thief… I used the term Thieves (collectively)

39. marcsharp2

Yeah that's s still calling someone a thief.

• Like Like x 2
  40. keith_gilham

Well if the cap fits

41. andyscotland

andyscotland Well-Known Member

Perhaps DTG JD (other DTG's are available lol) should have a look around them and see if they can spare any more of the team to be dedicated solely to bug fixes. This game is pretty amazing and yes the bugs frustrate the hell out of me too but writing software like this must be far from easy. It seems to me as though a lot of people's issues are the feeling that bugs just dont get fixed and if DTG wants to continue selling good dlc then this perception must be addressed also.

• Like Like x 2
  42. marcsharp2

Calling someone or a group of people a thief is an accusation and potentially slander. Hope you have actual evidence to back up the claim.

• Like Like x 3
  43. DTG JD

This thread is going in a dangerous direction. Please keep it on-track, or it'll be locked (not what I want to do).

• Like Like x 3
  44. marcsharp2

Sorry.

45. keith_gilham

Ok right getting back on track then… have you any updates on fixing the issue JD?

46. antony.henley

No as they said its on their list to investigate. Note the word LIST as in there's more than one item to investigate, find the cause, fix the problem, test the problem, fix again "if" its not worked, checked again then eventually release. So stop acting like a spoilt brat who has been told no several times. Just wait, like everyone else.

Hentis

• Like Like x 2
  47. keith_gilham

I’m sorry I didn't know you spoke for JD…. had I known I would have asked you!! And FYI that’s the issue… no one has said anything!!! Let alone no… the only way we find anything out now is by trying the route/scenerio and either having it end via red light… randomly fail via spad or the best one not even being able to turn a wheel!!! When you say wait like the rest of us??? How long do we need to wait??? I think I’ve been pretty patient if I’m honest until now…. How long has it been since London to Brighton for example has been out and has been reported numerous times ??? Just wondering if I should go out and buy another product that doesn’t work and just accept it???

48. marcsharp2

No one is forcing you to buy any product.

49. antony.henley

You know what just shut up.

• Like Like x 1
  50. keith_gilham

funny I was thinking the very same thing!!!