PlayStation Thoughts On Immersive Controls & Main Hud For Ps4

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by Wilfboy, Aug 23, 2020.

1. Wilfboy

Wilfboy Active Member

Overall I am really pleased with the new immersive functions. I particularly like the one touch doors and the zoom feature within the cab although oddly, when zooming out the windscreen the sense of motion seems to run at half speed?

Below are a few control/HUD options that I feel need some tweaking.

The quartered circle in the accelerometer is next to useless as it totally obscures the small horizontal white centre line. This means that you can’t see if you are just below or just above the line anymore to make small speed corrections. The old system with a small dot was much clearer and better.

The one touch external cameras is good but there is no way to get the Free Cam to explore the scenery (other than using classic mode). There are 2 basic types of camera, one that follows the train and the free roam that doesn’t. DTG have provided 2 follow the train cams (front and rear of train) but I think one of them should be the Free Cam. I can get to the front or rear of the train by using either existing option, but there is no way of getting the Free Cam to explore this wonderful scenery that your developers spend hours making. I can’t even zoom around the station while waiting for passengers to load as there is not enough range on the train cam.

The lack of an up and down cam control make it a little awkward too, so you could use the D Pad up and down keys just for when you are in exterior view, as you are not likely to be changing the reverser at that point. Considering that players spend a lot of time using the cams, I think this is worth the change.

Finally, the red speed dot on the HUD looks mostly white on my TV so needs a thicker red line or make the whole dot red to make it stand out.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020