[thread Deleted]

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrSouthernDriver, May 19, 2021.

1. MrSouthernDriver

MrSouthernDriver Well-Known Member

[THREAD DELETED]

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 19, 2021
  2. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

*ahem*

This is a Dutch route (as a Dutch person I am now very offended you confused us with the 'Belgians' ;) ), not a Belgian one. Amsterdam is the Dutch capital, and Rotterdam the second largest Dutch city. NS is the Dutch national train operator.

Also, the Eurostar Services do not run along the Amsterdam - Haarlem - Rotterdam route, instead running via the direct and faster route from Amsterdam to Rotterdam over Schiphol Airport, same goes for the IC Direct services.

That being said, a Dutch route would be really fun, and a Belgian one too.

3. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

I was about to say, infact i would first recommend you Take a look at some Information as this in my eyes is NOT Proper Information. But honestly, Belgium Routes would also be nice. Maybe change the Post

• Like Like x 1
  4. MrSouthernDriver

Oh I just made a mistake I will change it now

5. MrSouthernDriver

Yeah I am not an expert when it comes to Dutch routes I thought they would be similar to German routes, I will try to research some more about Dutch routes

6. creeperblox2710

creeperblox2710 Well-Known Member

Maybe change the topic from "False" Dutch Suggestions to Belgium Suggestions.

7. jolojonasgames

jolojonasgames Well-Known Member

Glad you fixed the title, but I'm sorry to inform you (and I hate being this direct to people), the information in your suggestion is still plain wrong.

The VIRM does not run Regional services (called Sprinter in the Netherlands), instead it operates Intercity services.

The Eurostar does not run along this route at all, as I've mentioned in my previous comment.

The E186-hauled IC Direct services only run on this route between Den Haag (The Hague) and Rotterdam, which is only a very short section.

As much as I'd like to see a Dutch route, it wouldn't actually be this one. There is only one service that runs directly from Amsterdam to Rotterdam via Haarlem and Den Haag, making it a relatively unlogical suggestion.

If you do wan't to make further Dutch suggestions, or wish to correct the information on this one, the Railway Map of the Netherlands, that shows services, would be a good place to start.

[​IMG]

I really don't like correcting people online, as it makes me look like a know-it-all, and I really don't want to come across as rude, but by including the Eurostar in your suggestion you're giving people the impression this is a high speed Eurostar route, with some NS services thrown in, which it isn't.

8. MrSouthernDriver

Yeah I think I should just delete the post, as I was a bit lazy making it, so instead I am going to be making something to replace it hopefully a route in the UK Or Germany, I do apologise for the wrong information and I will be deleting this post in 10 mins also thanks jonas for giving me a map of NS really helps

• Like Like x 1