Timetable Adherence

Discussion in 'TSW General Discussion' started by DaveDavies, Aug 28, 2021.

1. DaveDavies

DaveDavies New Member

Hey folks.
    Mandatory door-open times at stations. Are these a feature of actual train operation in the UK?
    Arriving late into a station, but then having to sit for a full game-imposed, door-open period, seems nonsensical.
    Just ran a service on SEHS with all screen widgets off for additional immersion.
    So using the cab clock to run to schedule, and checking platforms prior to closing doors doesn't allow the service to be completed in-game even though you have actually run accurately to schedule.
    This seems crazy to me.
    Any chance that DTG may allow players to simply run to timetable?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Tonto62

Tonto62 Well-Known Member

No, a mandatory door open time is not a feature of UK railway operation but it's how the game has been from the start. It's in smart station stops and quick getaways that drivers can make time up if they're running late. It would be great if they could reduce the doors open time if a service is not on schedule.

• Like Like x 2
  3. DaveDavies

DaveDavies New Member

Tonto62 thanks for the info.
    As a former bus driver of many years, yes, this is where the astute driver makes up decent time!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Railfan1985

Railfan1985 Well-Known Member

No. if the train is late it will depart when the driver is cleared to do so. Its rare, but a train can be taken out of service for being too late. Used to be a nightmare, but not so much these days.

5. ace

ace Member

I solved this issue by just driving the train and not adhering to any schedule. If I’m late you will wait, and if I’m early: run!

• Like Like x 1