PC Timetable Br442 Duplicate Cab.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by cyrill.kroonstuiver, Sep 8, 2020.

1. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

It has come to my attention that when loading any of the timetable services of the BR442, specifically, the RE9 Aachen Hbf ones starting at H:47 as seen below. 20200908120556_1.jpg
    The cab of the first of the BR442 sets is duplicated.

20200908120654_1.jpg

What I suspect is causing this problem, although I'm not a proficient programmers and I can't be for certain, is that the game realizes that that specific train is standing with its nr.1 cab (with pantograph) facing Köln and its nr.2 cab facing Aachen, and it forceloads the nr.1 cab that you're selecting in the locomotive filter screen in place of the nr.2 cab that's facing the direction your train will be going in.

A possible temporary solution to this problem could be to seperate the nr.1 and nr.2 cabs as seperate trains in the locomotive filter.
    Of course this could complicate some things and I guess it really would be a temporary solution, but it would stop unrealistic train sets from being spawned in.
    On the other hand, would it really be so bad?
    We already had to choose different loc types for the way we're heading in for the push-pull services anyway, although of course there you're actually choosing inbetween different types of cabs too.

Either way thank you all for listening and I hope to see this fixed one way or the other and it does take away from the immersion.

Greetings,

Cyrill

• Like Like x 1
  2. Fitz

Fitz Well-Known Member

I flagged this with them 2 days after release and what the possible cause was. It's still not acknowledged. I too hope it will be sorted and I'm amazed it slipped through play testing TBH.

3. cyrill.kroonstuiver

cyrill.kroonstuiver Well-Known Member

Well honestly, I can understand how it slipped through.
    It's one of those things that you don't really notice unless you're looking for it, but when you've noticed, it becomes hard not to notice it.
    My guess would be though that other than my proposed solution, this is one of those issues that seems like it should be a (very) easy fix, but is actually very difficult to code with how the game works and loads things.

I guess if you wanna drive from Köln to Aachen with a correct setup though you could spawn on foot at H:45 and just want 2 minutes, but still, that's annoying.