Timetable Editor

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by seanpward, May 17, 2022.

1. seanpward

seanpward Active Member

Have a completely editable version of the current timetable where you can change what trains run that service and the liveries that go on the trains...

For example

Have the class 150 timetable with a gwr green livery that has either been downloaded or made.

Have the class 465 run in place of a current class 377 as the south eastern service.

Please leave suggestions on how to make this better and what would work and not work etc

• Like Like x 1
  2. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well DTG were working on an updated Scenario Editor which would hopefully have included some of the above but it seems to have gone into extended hiatus.

However if/when it does emerge I would guess the emphasis would be on creating one's own timetable or scenarios from scratch. Changing the existing timetable could mess up the sequencing of how things run and of course the supplied timetable etc. is tied up with achievements and AP etc.

• Like Like x 4
  3. tft#6439

tft#6439 Well-Known Member

Fully agree, I would like a custom consist creator personally. Apparently they are doing Scenario Planner 2.0 so maybe we could see this included, though I'm not sure if they've stopped this idea as I just checked the latest roadmap and I didn't see it there.

4. OldVern

OldVern Well-Known Member

Well we don't even know for sure if they are even still working on SP2 and no one at DTG seems prepared to even discuss with the users anymore.

5. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

Read it as gone. It saves further disappointment.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wivenswold

Wivenswold Well-Known Member

Oh yes, absolutely brilliant suggestion.
    It should be within a modern simulators' ability to programme the timetable services with different rolling stock/liveries surely. Obviously there will be some combinations that won't work very well but it's your sim, you do with it as you wish. Shame also that you can't save your own version of the timetable, taking out stops, adding new ones, extending a service etc.