PC Timetable Mode (passed Signal At Danger Issue)

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Connor Eaton, Aug 25, 2020.

1. Connor Eaton

Connor Eaton New Member

In Timetable mode, when playing either of the two below i get Signal Passed at Danger before finishing the timetable.

More detail below for each service:

East Coastway: (CL66 6Y31) - as i was approching the marker to arrive into Newhaven sidings it said i passed a signal at danger.

Sand Patch Grade: (GP38-2 N542-A) after starting and moving forwards onto the left hand track (about 2 or 3 minutes into the service, it says passed a signal at danger. (Based on what i can see, you go past the marker but the rear of the train is not past the rear signal whcih causes the signal passed at danger)

Also reported via support

2. martynjpearson

martynjpearson New Member

Re the issue on the East Coastway, I had the same on the journey mode for one of the runs to Newhaven Sidings. A suggestion elsewhere (can't find it now) was that it was an AI train elsewhere passing the signal.

To get round it (necessary to continue in the journey mode) I ignored any niceties, flicked on the four switches, reverser forward, brakes off, throttle up as fast as possible and then drove at the speed limit, braking as late as possible and accelerating as hard as possible. Made it a bit arcade, but bought me enough time to get to the destination before the SPAD got triggered elsewhere.

3. Anna_AWVR

Anna_AWVR Active Member

For N542-A Load Coal, I'll repost my response from another thread.

It's not a non-existent signal, actually. You're actually sitting halfway past it. If you teleport to the rear of your train with the external view button, you can see you're straddling signal RM0. Most services don't do this at the start (with the exception of all eastbound trains that start at Rockwood, there's a signal halfway back that your train straddles) and for some reason when your tail end clears that signal, it thinks you've SPADed because when you started the service from the menu, you never actually passed the signal on your own, so the signal thinks you've never interacted with it yet. The rear end of your train is the first thing to make contact with it and so since its already set to red, it thinks you've blown a red signal and fails you.

If the train started behind the signal, this wouldn't be a problem. But if it did that, you'd be starting out of bounds and the "kill barrier" (the one that punishes you for walking too far out) would kick you out the moment you tried to enter Rockwood Mine via that signal. So this is DTG's workaround that seems to not have been fixed before release.

4. Slemcer

Slemcer Well-Known Member

This is a very vivid idea of how it works, in fact a signal cannot "think", it gets switched by algorithms and these aren't working correctly.
    It is the essential task of DTG to correct these algorithms and/or move the "kill barrier" so that the service may start in front of the signal.
    The easiest way to "solve" the issue would be to shorten the consist or even remove the service completely, but either of these "solutions" would be a confession of incompetence.

5. Connor Eaton

Connor Eaton New Member

im glad others are exprencing this as well as me! i hadnt seen this as being worked on the roadmap, so i assumed that it was just me with the issue!

6. kolobok 66-rus

kolobok 66-rus New Member

The script was corrected, well done. But You will never get a Gold medal on it . To get a gold medal, you need to stop before the final marker and move back, earning XP for going back and forth, back and forth. After you accumulate about 1490-1500 XP, you can go to the final. After that, you will only get a Gold medal. Apparently, the developers did not test this scenario....