Timing Screen (ps4)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OnlyMe1909, Jul 12, 2021.

1. OnlyMe1909

OnlyMe1909 Well-Known Member

In the game we can open a timing screen by holding down the large pad on the controller. This window shows the timings for all stations on your trip, or tasks if you're doing freight.

On pc with mouse, you can scroll up and down in this screen. On consoles, we can't scroll at this time, which is a bummer. However, I was wondering: can DTG not solve this problem? The very button we use on the PS controller to open this screen is a large touch pad. Can't you add functionality of this touch pad so we can scroll up and down moving a finger up and down? I know, it would be PS4 and PS5 only as Xbox does not have this touch pad, but it would be very handy.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Stephen Crofts

Stephen Crofts Well-Known Member

If we had mouse support on the consoles many things like this would be easily solved.

3. CaptainFishy

CaptainFishy New Member

Second that suggestion. In one of the streams for Rush Hour it was mentioned that the control system can incorporate an "alternate" controller mapping, such that you press an "alt" button and the same button performs a different action. (The example was L3 (horn-low) and with the alt button pressed, it would be the high horn on L3). I think this example with the route outline, using the touch-pad to scroll would be fairly easy to map.

4. stujoy

stujoy Well-Known Member

All that is needed is that the same joystick that scrolls through the timetable in the pause menu can be active for scrolling through the pop-up timetable when the pop-up is active and then revert to moving the camera around when the pop-up is closed. There are many options to enable it to be scrollable, it’s just up to DTG to choose the easiest one to implement. I like to bring up the pop-up schedule to check what scores I’ve been given for each task, as that isn’t shown anywhere else.

• Like Like x 1