Timings In Career Scenarios

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pure nostalgia, Mar 27, 2018.

1. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

If find that without breaking the speed limit lot's of scenarios are impossible to achieve. I have removed timings in standard scenarios without any problems. My question is, can i safely remove timings from career scenarios in the same way?.

Thanks in anticipation.
    Mike

2. Sparrow-hawk

Sparrow-hawk New Member

Unfortunately, You can't. I try to accelerate as fast as it possible, and slow down with much breaking force in time critical career scenarios.

• Like Like x 1
  3. DeanO55

DeanO55 Member

You can clone the scenarios and then convert them into standard ones.
    I hate career scenarios for this very reason and the fact that I can't take my eye off that darn score thing or speedo for fear of losing points. I don't care about the points but just can't help looking and concentrating on them instead of my driving.

• Like Like x 1
  4. ProfCreeptonius

ProfCreeptonius Well-Known Member

I myself often create scenarios and know this situation very well.
    Unfortunately, there's a catch: Edit a career scenario and any points you gain don't count towards your overall total.
    It is almost trivial to fix the timings with a scenario but doings so wastes the points. Anyways for those interested how to do it, here's a short 'tutorial'
    1) Select the chosen scenario from the 'Build' menu and click edit. I recommend doing this to a clone.
    2) Open this menu in the top left flyout: Capture1.PNG
    3) Select the player train in the fall-down list on the top left. The player train always has a (P) next to it
    4) You'll see such a list on the right:
    Capture2.PNG
    5) Click on a task that has the 'Alarm clock' symol in the list. This means that the task is timed. A pop-up will appear with the details of the task.
    6) Uncheck this box:
    Capture3.PNG
    7) Repeat for all tasks.
    8) If you don't want to acquire points during the scenario, stop here. If you still want to get your driving performance evaluated, continue onwards.
    9) Go through all tasks and look for this window: Capture4.PNG Reduce any high numbers to about 75%. This makes TSXX expect that you are going at lower max speeds, hence giving you more lenient timings.
    10) Go through all tasks and recheck the 'Clock' box.
    This forces TSXX to redo the timings, hence giving you a timetable that can certainly be achieved even at lower speeds.
    There are downsides to this procedure though.
    -Likely the AI is adapted to the strict timetable, so you'll miss out on most non-player services if you're going slower then intended
    -Your points won't count to your overall total (as said)

Hope this helped,

-ProfCreeptonius

• Like Like x 1
  5. Pure nostalgia

Pure nostalgia Member

Thank you all for your kind replies.