Toronto Subway Or Streetcar Route

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by BlackTabby, Dec 10, 2020.

1. BlackTabby

BlackTabby Active Member

Dovetail Games has already added the Oakville Subdivision, so if they expanded more in Canada, I think the Toronto Subway and/or Streetcar network would be good in the game. I personally will just be happy as long as it includes the more modern trains: the Bombardier Flexity Outlook streetcar, and/or the Bombardier Toronto Rocket subway car.

A Toronto Rocket subway car Image Source: Wikimedia Commons
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  2. BigMountain555

BigMountain555 Well-Known Member

The subway system would not be too difficult considering its length is within the real of routes released on TSW so far, and the vast majority of the system is underground. I would prefer more over ground as tunnels can be boring to me. The streetcar network is vast but last I checked, TSW was not a tram/streetcar simulator so I wouldn't hold my breath on seeing this come to fruition. The level of detail required, plus to interactivity with automobiles and pedestrians would make this a gargantuan task. Furthermore the streetcar network goes through dense urban areas.

I would love to see more Canadian content. Oakville is nice but feels lifeless. GO Transit has some lines that would fit within DTG's preferred length such as Richmond Hill Line... furthermore that line mostly goes through the ravine valley. The downtown section heading to Union Station would be difficult to model.

But we can keep dreaming and suggesting hoping that one day they will do something asides the same-old UK, Germany, US trifecta.